Thread: 2018 UAS National

2018 UAS National

This is something that Jimmy put together:

August 4 at 7:25 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen. I don't post often but I'm looking to get some interest stirred up. Who likes to see fast racing on the dirt? I think everyone on this page can agree there's nothing better than high horsepower machines screaming around the dirt track in side by side fast paced, short track action, RIGHT?!? So here's what's going on. September 14 and 15, the fastest, most powerful karts in the country invade Gettysburg. You know! It's where the war was won!! So the fastest, meanest, loudest karts in the country are going to converge on HUNTERSTOWN SPEEDWAY in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. The UNLIMITED ALL STARS, national unlimited class dirt kart series, hold a GRAND NATIONAL event once a year to crown the NATIONAL CHAMPION. Every year its held in a different region and this year its being hosted by HUNTERSTOWN SPEEDWAY. Right near the Mason Dixon line. Not only will this be a battle of North and South, but East and West and everywhere in between. The BADDEST open class kart racers from all over the UNITED STATES, and maybe even a couple from across the pond, will come together to race for the national championship. This is the WOO World Finals of kart racing. If you have never been to the kart races, this is the one to be at. These ARE NOT your grandpa's tiller powered, one wheel peel, yard buggy. We're talking about aerodynamic machines, running monster engines, pushing anywhere from 50hp to over 100hp, weighing in at just a few hundred pounds, inch and a half off the ground, clipping top speeds of 60-70mph, lap times in the sub 9 second range, trapped in a bull ring. No seatbelts! No roll cages! No suspension! This is brute force, bare knuckle, bull riding, high speed, heart pounding action. I wanna invite everyone to come out and spend a few hours checking out the BADDEST karts ON THE PLANET!! Check out these State of the ART machines. Talk to the drivers. You'll find the most honest, down to earth racers you'll ever meet. You'll see true works of art on wheels getting busy in the dirt! When the green flag drops, it's war! When the checkers fly, it's hugs, handshakes, laughs and great times. If you've never been a fan or checked out kart racing, THIS is the EVENT to get your motor running. If you have any questions, feel free to comment or message Cooter Windle, Ron Pritt, or myself.
    Here's the tentative event scheduled times
    UAS Grand Nationals at Hunterstown Speedway 9/15/18
    Fri 9/14 Gates open 5pm - 10pm
    Sat 9/15 Gates open at 6am, UAS drivers meeting at 9:00am, UAS practice starts at 9:30am
    As details come available, I'll try to keep posting!!!

Now that's a good post. Hell yeah and looking forward to seeing my UAS buddies from across the country at this Historic race track!

Who know how to attach a flyer ?? Need help doing that ???

Ron Pritt
    (717)-465-0055
    ronp@pamaxxisseries.com

I plan to be there. Thanks.

Ron,

Sent you a private message. If you want send it to my email. I'll get it posted.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Maxxis Series View Post
    Who know how to attach a flyer ?? Need help doing that ???

Ron Pritt
    (717)-465-0055
    ronp@pamaxxisseries.com

I can tell you what I know and most of this is Tentative right now. Ron Pritt will be making up a Page with the info on it.

1. Parking can be done at 5 PM to 10 PM Friday. If someone does show up later, there will be people there to help get you to your spot or a spot.

2. Spectators are free unless they want to go into the Pits

3. We really need everyone to Pre Register. No money required. This will help in many ways to get things moving Saturday morning. Mark Bergfelt and Ron Pritt are working on that Pre Registration form now and it should be on the Hunterstown web page Monday morning.

4. Gates will Officially open at 6 AM

5. From 7 AM to 9AM pay for pit pass and sign in

6. $5 for Transponder plus you must turn in your License

7. $5 donation for Ambulance and crew

8. It is highly advisable to have a Raceiver. This will help in many ways during the time on the track.

9. 9:00AM Drivers Meeting

10. 9:30 to 12:00 UAS Controlled Practice

11. 12:30 There will be Qualifying by Groups

12. 2:30 to 3:30 Regular Show Karts will have their Controlled Practice. Before this the UAS, UAS Jrs., and the Yamahas will have the track.

13. Feature is schedule to start at 8:00 PM

14. 107.1 FM will be the station to hear what is being said on the PA system. Hunterstown does have a nice PA system.

This is a lot of what has be talked about so far. Hope this helps.

For reasons I explained Mark and don't want to make public to start a mess I won't be there at the GN this year.

Santiago, I talked to Mark and understand how you feel, I was wondering if we could work around this. I sent you a PM

Sure would like to see San Diego make the race...hope this gets worked out.

I hope everyone enjoys the GN and things work perfect. Those who should know my reasons know them. I do not qant to discuss anything in public or hurt UAS. I have already decided I won't be there this year. I will do my best to attend the GN in Fl next year. Thanks everyone and good luck.

Was also hopeing to see The rainman!

Rain, Get ready for RR and Inverness. Look's like the GN will have good weather now LOL. Chuck.

Hurricane Florence is expected to hit the Carolinas Friday. This could create difficult weather conditions on the Mid-Atlantic area for the weekend. Keep those fingers and toes crossed!

I guess my preferred route of I-95 is not going to work out. Got another plan to go up I-75 and cut east from there...stay away Flo!

Hoppy, look at I75 to I40 to I81.

10-4 will do.....now the real questions are: What is this storm going to do, where is it going and when is it going to get there?

I would like to add this; Take precations my Carolina and Virginia friends and be safe....this one looks serious!

81, would be a good way to go, then maybe route 30 through a few small towns near Gettysburg to 15 North. Right now I am wondering how safe or even possible will the trip be for the people farther South. Will they almost be running through the hurricane, evacuation, and or gas shortages? Just wondering?

Asking the same questions myself right now. I'm going to make the final decisions Thursday morning I guess. For sure anything up I-95 is out of the question.

Don't fool w/mother nature. Delay the race for a couple of weeks.

PD,
    Delaying the race is not an option. The date is Saturday with a rain date Sunday. It will either happen or not.

Everyone stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
    PD,
    Delaying the race is not an option. The date is Saturday with a rain date Sunday. It will either happen or not.

Everyone stay tuned!
    So.... If race get's postponed due to weather, what happens ?

UAS Grand Nationals at Hunterstown Speedway update

9/11/18 UAS drivers and fans: Hunterstown Speedway is watching and waiting to know how Hurricane Florence may impact South Central Pennsylvania this coming weekend. We realize most of you are travelling a distance and have plans and reservations already in place. A decision about this weekend's Grand National race will be made by evening on 9/12. Please check back here, track facebook page or hunterstownspeedway.com for updates.

[QUOTE=PD Engines;733638]So....

If you could eliminate that sentence, I would appreciate it. Someone will read it and misunderstand it.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Engines View Post
    So.... If race get's postponed due to weather, what happens ?
    PD,
    I think I answered your question. I can explain it to you all you want but I can't understand it for you.

All this should be a moot point as the forecast is looking better and better for PA.

It is around 2:30AM Thursday morning. I just got back from a run down to Baltimore. When I got in my little truck and listened to the news, they were saying that the hurricane is now down graded to a CAT 2 and probably by the time it makes land fall it will be a tropical storm?? Is this true?
    What is going on, this thing was a Shark-nado just a couple days ago. I wonder if this is gonna be like one of the snow storms we are suppose to get, they call them a Snowacane, cancel all the schools, and then it is a sunny day? Last I heard the weather in Gettysburg is suppose to be sunny Saturday and Sunday now, a few days ago we were suppose to get almost a foot of rain???

According to Radar should be raining at the track now with good bit more rain today, and some rain tomorrow, only 20 % shower Sat but no sunshine 10% Sun with some sunshine, that is using weather.com for Gettysburg.

WE ARE A GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This weekend the 2018 uAS Muscle Kart Grand Nationals will be at Hunterstown Speedway.

Gates will open at 5PM Friday and close at 10PM
    Gates will open 6AM on Saturday if you’re gonna need a special time call me

As the saying says we are damned if we do.Damned if we don’t.... We’re over 50 entry’s for the main,
    4 for the Jr UAS and 8 for the Yamaha 500 to win

Have a great event!