Thread: Right Side Tight

Right Side Tight

Sometimes my kart will feel pretty good on the track and can get through the turns well, but it seems like it stays on the right sides a little too long. Like its not sliding or pushing. It's just like it's digging in on that side a little too long and you can feel your body push up against the seat. Anytime I have that condition though it seems to increase my drops so I would like to know how to address it at the track.

It's not out in left field out anything, just trying to pick up a tenth or 2 because I can tell there is speed left on the table.

A fast kart will slam you into the seat, But sounds like your just off on Tires, or prep issue.
    What Class & weight, what tires , what chassis , set-up numbers including cambers, what size track , rear stagger ? RR & LR spacing from inside of wheels to cassette hangers ?

More air pressure, less inside prep, harder tires, more left side%, lower center of gravity.

maybe just a case of over prepping for the track conditions? I’m guilty of that one a lot. Try another 1/2 pound in the rights see if that helps loosen it up

What exactly does changing the split by another half alot full pound do. I normally run around 4L/5R. Is upping the rights like stiffening the spring on the right side?

Yes, it does stiffen the sidewalls and let the kart roll freer. Judging by your posted a/p, more air should make a very noticable difference.