Thread: Standard 6 bolt sprocket hub

Standard 6 bolt sprocket hub

I was practicing last week at GoPro, and my sprocket came off while on the track. The guys in the kart shop told me that the sprocket hub that was on my kart was not compatible with a #35 chain, but for a 219 chain. I had no idea, it was on the kart when I bought it used back in February. I need to get a 6 bolt hub for a 35 chain. I already have a sprocket guard that I would like to put on as well. Does anyone have any recommendations on ones that have worked well for them? Thanks in advance.

35 and 219 gears are exactly the same pattern. Some are only a 3 bolt style and will only work with a 1 piece gear. Maybe that is what they are talking about. Any 6 bolt sprocket hub will work

The hub that is on there now is a speedlock. This is not a bolt style. The sprocket holes sit on little pegs, and it wasn't a tight fit. The holes were being made oblong. I use the 2 piece gear.

First which chain are you using 35 or 219?
    Which chain is the speed lock made for ?

Quote Originally Posted by flattop1 View Post
    First which chain are you using 35 or 219?
    Which chain is the speed lock made for ?
    I have a 35 chain, and my speedlock is for a 219 chain. I had no idea.

To my knowledge most sprocket hubs fit both 35 and 219 indifferently. What you need to check is tgat it is for the right axle size. For example on one of my dirt oval karts I have used both 219 chain/ sprockets (gears) and 35 on the same hub vecause the bolt pattern for the gears was the still the same 6 bolt pattern.

Then any hub should work , specificly if it's 1 1/4 inch.
    solid instead of floating , if your going off track much .

Not all sprocket hubs are created equal. Some are made from real crap aluminum. If you PM I will tell you more.

If you follow the link you'll find an excellent sprocket hub that is basically a copy of a Burris hub which is also excellent.

https://cometkartsales.com/CKS-Bille...ocket-Hub.html

https://id3528.securedata.net/test.b...roducts_id=155

Sundog