Thread: Why bring in a series with different tire rule, ask people to come and treat them very poorly

Why bring in a series with different tire rule, ask people to come and treat them very poorly

I have let this go since Saturday.
    Why bring a series to your track and when people come to test rather then running Burris with Vega is the series tire,we get heckled and treated very poorly. Not by all but enough. Why would we go back?
    I get it. It's a rule. I said DQ us. We don't care. We just came to test for the series race. Didn't get into anybody. Just raced to learn the track.

But they come to us and want us to come back and run weekly.

Shouldn't the series promoters be told.

I would like to get some feedback on what others think!

Thank You
    William Tuttle
    Engine Builder
    AKRA Steering Committee
    AKRA New York Representative

So you knowingly showed up to a weekly race with tires that didn't meet their rules? Then got treated poorly? Some of the tracks I race on wouldn't even let you on the track (nor should they). Seems like you went in stirring the pot and are now complaining cause your hands turned brown.

Maybe there is more to your story that you would be willing to share? To

fatboy

Then my POINT is why have a Vega series race in a couple of weeks.
    Not stirring anything. It's normal to go to a track early to find a setup for the series. Nothing is turning brown HERE.
    WHY HAVE A VEGA SERIES RACE THEN?
    William Tuttle
    Engine Builder
    AKRA Steering Committee

I don't get why more people weren't doing what you were doing. If you have to start last and run for the dq so what you're prepping for something else or just having fun. I know allot of tracks that are just glad to have you show up.

Even if there wasnt a future race, you paid, ran some laps, didnt get counted in any points. I dont see a big issue.

Would be more fun, only my opinion, for a travelling series to run different tracks as is. Track prep done as always, not prepped with calcium if not done weekly. Same rules a track runs weekly, I don't understand wanting to go different places, but wanting everything the same at every track.

If you want to test then rent the track. Or pay the track to run your Vegas at the end of the night. I wouldn't let you run if it was my track and Burris is putting some resources back into the racers for their nightly points. Just my opinion.

one more reason IMHO track tires stink... it keeps people away... increases the price of tires and they don't give back squat IMHO if you want to have a track tire make it a cheap tire like a $15 unilli and let anyone else run what they brung and add #30... tire brands return very few "resources" percentage wise... it's almost "payola" any track that thinks they can afford to **** off one racer where they won't come back is pretty short sighted JMHO

From an outside perspective I see two sides to this argument. Your group knowingly went to a local points race running different tires, and ignored the rules for the night. Probably not a wise choice, especially if you are a seasoned veteran of the sport. Of course that is going to ruffle some feathers because every other competitor there has to follow the rules to get on the track, why should an exception be made potentially at their expense? Renting the track or running a few laps at the end of the night should be ok with most people in that situation and probably what y’all should have done. On the other side of the fence, higher kart counts are always a plus for the sport. The oval karting community, track owners, promoters, and board members need to establish a true base set of guidelines and rules (motors, tires, etc.) that cover a healthy number of tracks in any given region so that there are not as many arguments and disputes. In order for Motorsports organizations to succeed, clear communication and organization is key.

my only thought would be what if 10 guys showed up for the same reason ……. then what ?

Then you would have a 10 kart separate class
    AKRA Northeast National Tech Instructor
    AKRA Northeast Representative
    No one ever gave a critic an award.

Don Gordner
    570-515-0379

I think as long as you didnt bump anyone out of the field you should be able to start last. On the flip side, your actions on the track could have a effect on a weekly points racer when you really shouldnt have been on the track. Two ways to look at it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDon View Post
    Then you would have a 10 kart separate class
    That would have been the right call in that situation Don , but then what about weight , different motors ? Kingtut , did you contact the track beforehand and let them know of your intentions ? I'm having a difficult time understanding why your upset when you violated the rules from the start . Not bashing , just how I'm looking at it .

The track said they welcomed us to come run and get ready for Vega series race in two weeks they have. We excepted them to know we were coming to test for setup for Vega series race. Why have a Vega series race then???
    William Tuttle
    Engine Builder
    AKRA Steering Committee

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    . We excepted them to know?
    Should be expected....NOT excepted.

Thanks PD
    William Tuttle
    Engine Builder
    AKRA Steering Committee

Kingtut You guys should have come to the NYDKS and ran your Burris

Quote Originally Posted by ohv60racr View Post
    That would have been the right call in that situation Don , but then what about weight , different motors ? Kingtut , did you contact the track beforehand and let them know of your intentions ? I'm having a difficult time understanding why your upset when you violated the rules from the start . Not bashing , just how I'm looking at it .
    If they were there just testing for tires it wouldn't have mattered for weight or engine
    AKRA Northeast National Tech Instructor
    AKRA Northeast Representative
    No one ever gave a critic an award.

Don Gordner
    570-515-0379

As long as you didnt interfere with the field (ex. starting last and slicing your way through the field) then I'd have no problem with it.

But if you interfered with rule abiding racers that effects their outcomes, thats when it becomes a problem
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The Weapons - 2008 Mongoose Champ, 2004 PRC Phenom JPM Indoor Edition
    The Ammo - GKS Flathead, GKS Animal
    The Sidearm - 2006 PRC Phenom

"We claw with our finger nails for that inch. Because we know, when we add up all those inches, that's going to make the difference between winning and losing..."

If that's me and I do a different tire series and encourage guy's to come test, It's being announced right up front we want you to come feel welcome but all adult flat karts will test in there own separate class, all adult champs in there own, all Rookie flats in there own, all sportsman champs in there own, testing is just that testing lap times NOT racing then there was no chance of messing with my local regulars points. NO big deal adding a few xtra classes you got guy's running 2 and 3 classes anyway that need some time just be selective where you place them in the running order.

All taken care of. Track just went open tire.
    Thanks
    William Tuttle
    Engine Builder
    AKRA Steering Committee

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    I have let this go since Saturday.
    Why bring a series to your track and when people come to test rather then running Burris with Vega is the series tire,we get heckled and treated very poorly. Not by all but enough. Why would we go back?
    I get it. It's a rule. I said DQ us. We don't care. We just came to test for the series race. Didn't get into anybody. Just raced to learn the track.

But they come to us and want us to come back and run weekly.

Shouldn't the series promoters be told.

I would like to get some feedback on what others think!

Thank You
    Guessing you are talking about a couple of weeks ago. Management was not the problem it was other competitors. We worked it out and I hope all is well.