Thread: Tire prep question

Tire prep question

Can I use 3m adhesive remover instead of acrysol to mix with tire prep when at the track to get the tire prep to soak in the ores deeper?

T Y A

Augusta, Martinez, Evans, North Augusta or we just call it the CSRA Area (Ga.)
    I would use Quick Dry from Track-Tac, better than acrysol...jmo
    JRPW Racing
    Paid Subscriber To B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Racing 15 View Post
    I would use Quick Dry from Track-Tac, better than acrysol...jmo
    I have notched everyone one at my local track thatís competitive week after week cut there prep with acrysol to open the pores of the tires so the prep will soak in deep to make the tires last the whole race. My tires have been great till about 5 laps to go. I done some research online and I have found that the 3m adhesive remover is the same ingredients and chemical compounds as acrysol.

You are correct, they are the same. Just might cure the 5 short tires. if not look at inside prep or use more base the week before.
    Acrysol is 2 parts Naphtha VMP and 1 part Xylene. so is 3m Adhesive remover.
    I go to lowes and buy a gallon of Naphtha and Xylene and mix it myself. Most times I just make it a 50/50 mix.
    Works great.

They are not the same.
    Just as I told him in a pm, will it do in a pinch? Yes, so will methanol.
    But spend the money and buy the correct product, or like you said make your own, Lowes has plenty

Thanks XXX#40. I have not checked on the 3m stuff lately. I just did and wow. Was I wrong!!

Lol this guy has been lied to a bunch, one thing he won't never have to worry about me, I don't run where he does

Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by One Fast Kat View Post
    You are correct, they are the same. Just might cure the 5 short tires. if not look at inside prep or use more base the week before.
    Acrysol is 2 parts Naphtha VMP and 1 part Xylene. so is 3m Adhesive remover.
    I go to lowes and buy a gallon of Naphtha and Xylene and mix it myself. Most times I just make it a 50/50 mix.
    Works great.
    Thas not what acrysol is, it can be used as a copy of acrysol, but thats not what acrysol is.