Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: specs for a ltd mod animal?

Quote Originally Posted by One Fast Kat View Post
    This was written gas tilly but It is the same for alcohol except for drill patterns.
    https://www.kartpulse.com/article/54...or-tuning-tips
    Great article.... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 95 shaw View Post
    Here is an old thread. Freezeman had an interesting comment near the end.

https://karting.4cycle.com/showthrea...-drill-pattern
    I'll have to double check mine to see if it's a 304wx or 304wxa....

deleted. double post

Sorry it took so long.

Got a look at my 304wxa. It has a blunted low idle mixture screw, about a 1/16th dia flat on the tip.

Like I said, we were having a dead spot on the starts/restarts also. ran great afterwards. changed out to my spare after the throttle shaft got sticky. a 374a. Ran terrific. must just fit my setup better.

I also changed the clutch air gap, so not sure if that wasn't some of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 95 shaw View Post
    Sorry it took so long.

Got a look at my 304wxa. It has a blunted low idle mixture screw, about a 1/16th dia flat on the tip.

Like I said, we were having a dead spot on the starts/restarts also. ran great afterwards. changed out to my spare after the throttle shaft got sticky. a 374a. Ran terrific. must just fit my setup better.

I also changed the clutch air gap, so not sure if that wasn't some of the issue.
    Thanks for the share, we're making progress with this problem, slowly, but surely. Mine is a 304wxa...its on the workbench ready to go through with a fine tooth comb....

I'm working on pop off pressure, how does one measure "fulcrum arm height"? I've read that on 4 cycles that it should be .085. No idea how to measure this.....

You need a gauge.
    Take a flat piece of aluminum and file a notch .085 deep about an inch long.
    Or buy the tool.
    Hold it on the carb body over the arm.
    You should be able to Google it or ec carb tips or even setting up a walboro for a kt 100 same concept.
    Airtight Garage Est 1982
    Waller Racing
    Phantom Chassis
    Dover Power
    Paid 4 cycle subscriber

gave the inside of the carb the once over cleaning, polished the fulcrum arm and inside of the seat that the inlet needle sits in, adjusted the fulcrum arm height to as close to the .085 recommended height as possible......set the low side needle at 2.5 out and high side 1.0 out.....AND IT TOOK OFF LIKE A DREAM...no stumbling or hesitation...and ran up to 8000 rpm without missing a beat....thanks to everyone who shared information and knowledge to get my carb problems resolved....

Whooooo hooooo.

Awesome.

See you in a,couple weeks in Maxwell.

Maxwell? what is that?

Google Maxwell Kart Shootout.

found it.....much too far a drive for me....

What should the rpm for clutch engagement on a WKA animal limited? Motor is very strong, clutch gaps are good, seems to be slow on starts. Karts in front of me always pull away on starts, but I generally catch them back in the first turn or two. I'm thinking my clutch engagement is too low. Not sure what it is set at right now, I need to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    What should the rpm for clutch engagement on a WKA animal limited? Motor is very strong, clutch gaps are good, seems to be slow on starts. Karts in front of me always pull away on starts, but I generally catch them back in the first turn or two. I'm thinking my clutch engagement is too low. Not sure what it is set at right now, I need to check it.
    i use a bully 3 disc...about 5800-ish.....

well, gosh darnit, all good things must come to an end so ive heard, my ltd mod animal puked a rod out the block yesterday....this I will say, running this engine is by far the most fun and got the most enjoyment out of kart racing for a long, long time. my racing budget wont allow it to be rebuilt anytime soon, so until that day comes, will be forced to put a clone motor back on the kart so I can keep on racing........sure gonna miss all that HP.....