Thread: New "Grassroots Series" at Triple T

New "Grassroots Series" at Triple T

Grassroots Series

After a review of our program at Triple T Raceway, we found we really don’t have a path for new teams and low budget teams to get into the sport or return to the sport.

The competition that shows up at our GOAT Series and our CAMS Series are some of the best in the country and for a new team or a returning team, this could be very intimidating. So, we have decided to give these folks an opportunity to race against others in the same or near the same experience level. So, we are introducing the Grassroots Series.

Our hopes with this Series is we can give new, low budget and returning drivers an opportunity to come race at TTT without the more experienced drivers to deal with. We are definitely not beating up on the “more experienced teams” by no means. We just want to give others an opportunity to gain experience and be more competitive. We are asking the more experienced drivers to not attend this Series. If you compete on a national level or have won big money, we ask that you not try to attend this Series. We have many races at TTT for you to attend.

We will prep the track on the wetter side so it will be easier on tires. With lower entries and lower payouts, we hope teams will not spend $100 a night in prep. We know this Series will start out very slow but we are confident it will grow over time.

We will have a points system and drivers finishing in the top 3 in points will be invited to our year end banquet. We will announce year end prizes and dates soon.

More details will be released in the coming days but this will be a lower gate fee than our other Series and lower Entry Fees.

Any feedback is welcomed. Please comment below.

RAcing better teams only makes you better. Although I don’t totally disagree with what you are trying to do I don’t really agree with starting a series and people being asked not to come. What are you considering big money??? Everyone has a different interpretation of that amount. Not everyone racing and running upfront is spending thousands each week. They are out working people in the shop day in and day out. There are classes that have already been started for people that want to run on a lower budget. I feel that have a standard set of rules to go by and not bouncing between aka and nka rules in the same race night would help. Not taking all day and all night to run races would help so people can actually function on Sunday. Tech motors when they do win big money. Business owners paying attention to the races and know what’s going on so if there is a problem they can honestly stand behind their employees if the right call was made or if the wrong call was made then has a business owner apologize for your mistake and everyone act like somebody and move on. A lot of people have a conception that racing is like a bumper car derby and fights everywhere therefore they not even looking to get into the sport. Again I understand your concept but I don’t necessarily agree with telling anyone not to come. Just do a Saturday night race on a weekend when there is a bigger race or do low payouts and let people race. Just my opinion Thank you

Thank you for your input.

No where in my post do I discuss the amount of money a particular team has or spends on racing. That is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. And yes, you are correct. Hard work does pay off and unfortunately, a number of drivers that run in the back would do much better if they put in the work. We are NOT trying to have a buttercup series where no good drivers are there. It will still be tough.

As far as having a different series for other folks is real simple. In today’s karting, if tracks don’t put up money, drivers aren’t coming. So, with big purses comes higher entry fees and higher gate fees. Majority of experienced drivers want a hard fast track which cost track owners more money to prepare.

I definitely feel like there needs to be a “cheaper” night of racing and a wet track. We are wanting to attract new racers, racers that got out of karting, low budget racers and racers that don’t come to TTT merely because they are intimidated by the competition we have at 95% of our races. You must understand karting is hurting. There are many reasons why it’s hurting but a big part is the tire game. Old tires, new tires, inside prep, outside prep, re-rolls, 80cc, 90cc, 120cc, scuffs and on and on. Is that attractive for a new Karter? No way a new driver, inexperienced or a low budget team stands a chance but yet they spent a pile of money.

We are going to offer an opportunity so others can enjoy karting and hopefully gain the knowledge and experience and confidence to run at our GOAT Series or CAMS Series and be competitive.

So yes, we are not going to allow a orange jacket or a $10,000 Big O Champion to run in this series. We have many many races throughout the year for those type drivers. We Just want 5 or 6 races a year for folks to gain experience at a low cost and hopefully enjoy it enough to stay in the sport.

I don’t know if this will achieve what we hope it will but we are damn sure going to try it.

That’s great. You can. Never said you couldn’t. I never said that you mentioned a word about how much someone spends. I just referred to your last sentence in you first post. “Comments welcomed”. So that was my comment. Go for it. I think I qualify to race the series anyway and I may chose to do so. Thank you

Please don’t take my response as being combative because I wasn’t at all. Just giving you more clarification on our thoughts for the Series.

We are excited about this series and we have high hopes we can gain new karters and hopefully keep what we have in the sport.

We will release more details soon. And yes, you do fit in the qualifications to run in the Series.

Great idea Triple T keep putting in the work to make the sport better and draw new racers into the sport. This Series gives new and returning racers a chance to catch up to the more experienced racers. Also gives a beginner/returning team a chance to win a points series.
    That's more motivation to stay in the sport.
    Great idea !
    I think it's a great idea.

I didn’t. Sorry you felt that I did. I expressed my opinion only to try and give you my thoughts to maybe help you make better informed decision. But you do have all the right to race what you want. Thank you

We will release more details tomorrow (Monday) at 6pm on our grassroots series; BackYard Series
    #TripleTgoesToTheBasics
    #grassroots
    #whereLegendsareMade
    Last edited by Triple T Raceway; 04-15-2018 at 10:12 PM.