Thread: Ultrasonic cleaning

4 Cycle Advanced User

Ultrasonic cleaning

What are guys using for cleaning solution to clean carbs?

Do you use the same solution for cleaning aluminum parts, such as heads?
    Don't want to discolor the parts.

Thanks.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    A very weak solution of pine-sol mixed with water works. If you leave the carb in too long and/or the solution is too strong, the aluminum will turn darker. I'm interested in what others are using also.

I only use this on carbs.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    The makers of simple green make a cleaner for aluminum that is certified by Boeing and is PH neutral. I also saw on a cylinder head forum someone uses a product from dollar general called simply awesome that looked like it worked good but I have only used the simple green aluminum cleaner and it worked well and did not discolor the aluminum. any alkaline or acid will turn the aluminum black over time.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Simple-Gr...&wl13=&veh=sem

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Goodman makes a powder solution for ferrous and non-ferrous materials.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I just fill mine with the GUNK carb cleaner that cones in a gallon jug from the auto parts store.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    A weak solution of Lestoil has worked great for me on carbs for years. 1/4 cup to 1 gallon. I also like it on bare cast iron, the cast will not instantly rust.