Thread: Bumper for Minecon

Bumper for Minecon

I have heard a few different owners of the Minecon tell me they didn't like the way the bumper comes from phantom. Has anyone changed the original bumper out with the traditional triton or triton jr or know what bumper I could use to change it out. Or tell me why I shouldn't change it. Any help is always great. Thanks!

the jr Triton bumper fits the minecon

Thank you.

The question is, why are you changing the bumper? What's wrong with the bumper issued with the kart? We would like more information because the couple of reasons we've heard seem far-fetched.
    James Stanley

Sales Manager
    Phantom Racing Chassis
    www.phantomchassis.com
    (704) 855-3165

James, My son runs a Miniecon. (JR 2 Class) I really like the kart. I was wanting to change the rear bumper also, but instead I welded two extenders on each end. I like the bumper being pinned in. The reason why is this. The kid's classes push each other hard before the green flag. When the kart behind him pushes him, it jacks his kart up in the air and spends him out. The rear bumper sloped up, so when the nose of another kart pushes him, it just lifts the kart up. They have bent my chain guard multiple times, and also if they spin you out twice, you go to the rear. If you look at the Triton Jr bumper, it is bolted on, the bolts help this from not happening. The nose of the other kart will just push you instead of lifting the kart up, or knock a hole in their nose piece. May not be everybody's problem, but that was my problem with the rear bumper. Now it is good to go. Just my two cents worth.

Recons i rode was way worse with this issue than the minecon think thats why they bent the center of bumper like they did

James. I have actually received the minecon each way from phantom. One with pins and one with bushings and bolts.
    Is the minecon the same width as the recon on triton junior ? I’ve been told people were using the recon bumper and modifying the slugs and using the junior triton bolts and wedges.

For us we are required to use a loop bumper for kids classes. With this the wedge system slides through the bumper and into the frame. Problem is the bumper I.D. is bigger than the wedge O.D. . sloppy fit .
    Be nice to have a piece that slid into the loop bumper and then into the frame and pin it with the holes.