Thread: Woodleaf Raceway Park - April 13, 2018 - FRIDAY NIGHT ROAR

4 Cycle Advanced User

Woodleaf Raceway Park - April 13, 2018 - FRIDAY NIGHT ROAR

WOODLEAF RACEWAY PARK

April 13, 2018

This is the first Friday night race of the 2018 season under new management. We are trying to make the classes as to where we can complete the last class of the night at decent time for everyone involved. These adjustments are not necessarily permanent and changes can be made at the conclusion or during race evening if seen needed. So, donít get flustered if you see something not to your liking as all you need to do is let us know and weíll discuss your concerns.

ALL CLASSES OPEN TIRE

CLONE 390
    GUARANTEED MONEY
    Entry Fee $45
    1st $500
    2nd $150
    3rd $75
    (NO KM)

CLONE LITE <> CLONE MEDIUM <> CLONE HEAVY <> CLONE 425 A <> CLONE 425 B <> CLONE 450 <> LIMITED MODIFIED <> SR CHAMP CLONE 425 <> PREDATOR 375 <> PREDATOR 390 <> PREDATOR 425 <> TEEN CHAMP <> JR 1 <> JR 2 <> JR 3 <> JR CHAMP <> BEGINNER RED PLATE
    Entry Fee $35
    1st $300
    2nd $150
    3rd $75
    (14 KM)

ALL KID KARTS AND BABY CHAMPS RACE FREE ENTRY FEES!!!

THE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM LINK: http://woodleafracewaypark.redpillwe...gistration.php

Any questions on any class or tech questions, please contact Tommy Burrow at 336-953-2424

Anyone who would like to sign up for reserved parking, please contact Marty Burrow at 336-953-2522 or message on Bobís 4-Cycle or on Facebook

Gates open - 4:30
    Open Practice - 5:30
    Controlled Practice Ė 6:30
    Qualifying- After Practice
    Mains to Follow

Gate Fee: $10.00
    6 and under - No Charge
    Last edited by Liberty Raceway; 03-31-2018 at 09:17 PM.

4 Cycle Member
    ATTENTION : To all Predator and JR Racers!!! If. you did not attend the first race on February 3rd, We discussed in the drivers meeting about having a class for the Predator racers and JR Racers that would not allow tire prepping... The tires must be purchased at the track in a designated area and will have to remain in this area at all times unless the kart is on the track. TIRES MUST BE MOUNTED AND INFLATED in this area. Air and any tire changing equipment will be supplied as well.. Only items allowed in the designated area will be:
    1. Air Guage
    2. Tape Measure
    3. Impact Gun
    *** No Rags, Aerosol cans or any other types of cleaners will be ALLOWED ***
    After the class is complete you will have the option to leave your tires in the designated area to be used in the next scheduled event, if you choose to take yours tires with you , they will not be able to be used at the next event.*** You will have to PURCHASE more tires***
    A tire Washering Tub will be available to clean your tires at the end of the night..

We are looking for your feedback !!!!

If you are interested or have questions please contact Jeff at 336 403 3275

4 Cycle Advanced User
    sounds like a cluster.... i wish you well

4 Cycle Member
    I like it! I think buying a set each time is a great idea, no washing/wiping or nothing after coming off the track during the whole day. I say draw for the tires each time you go on the track for qualifying/heat races and races, this way if there might have been someone "sneak" something in/on the tires. Its far game then. I think this will help some people with budgets because they just need to show up to the track with a go kart/gears/motor/tools and a truck. No need for having 30 sets of tires and prep anymore. Also would like to see heat races come back. I know the two classes for each class gives more seat time by 10 laps. Take out all the double classes and narrow it down to 1 race per class, which should take the running order and cut it to half, so only 12-14 classes, no qualifying, draw your spot for the heat races and go! Lets take it back to the way it use to be when it was more fun and not as rushed to get back washed tires and right back out!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    one question would be how much are the tires? sounds like a rule made by a bunch of people moaning into a promoters ear... more rules NEVER seem to help anything anywhere... buy 1 set branded/ bar coded at the start of the year... thats all you get... until you run 4-5-6-7 (figure out the number) races before you can buy another set... 50% of the purse goes to the points fund that pays back 15 spots... every race you miss after 1, moves you back one spot in the end of year points... knock yourself out messing with the tires you will have to run for the next 5-10 races... saves money... learn tire management, money at the end to encourage being there every week... 20 people try'n to mount 4 tires and people watching over same in a small area... washing tires... turning in tires getting tires back all in time to race... I can't see this going well

4 Cycle Member
    We would like to thank those racers who have voiced their opinions and concerns. The reasons for these classes are to get NEW racers into our sport and give those racers who neither dont have the time it takes to prepare several sets of tires for each race or cant afford to have someone prerpare the tires for them. If these classes are put into the race line up, that will be totally up to you guys!! If there is enough support, we feel very confident that we can police and make these classes run smoothly. To answer some of the questions and concerns, here is some more info about how this will work:
    1. Lots of thought has been put in place for this to work, a building is already been put in place to maintain the tires while not in use and a tire mounting area is being prepared.
    2. All the tires will be SCANNED!! Its up to each racer whether they decide to take the tires with them or leave them in the secured buulding for the next event. If they decide to take them, they will have to purchase new tires for the next event.
    3. Cost for a set of tires is: $155.00 per set (RS $42,LR $36, LF $35). These tires have been discounted significantly to allow more support for these classes!!
    4. HOOSIER TIRES (FKSE) will be the ONLY tires that can be used.
    5. If we think a tire has been tampered with, a sample of the tire will be sent off for analysis.

The next event on April 13th, a vote will be taken in the drivers meeting on whether to add these classes to the race line up on the following event OR if we get enough feedback in the next couple weeks we can go ahead and add them to the race line up on the April 13th event. You can either reply on this forum or call Jeff at 336 403 3275 if you have any more questions or would like to see these classes added.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Not sure that buying tires all of the time will work for small budget racers... will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Do you have to buy a whole set each time? Or can you just buy one tire at a time as you need one?
    Will wheels be available too? If so, at what prices? Also, what sizes?
    What is your procedure to make sure that the tires coming out of your impoundment shed are the actual tires on the karts while on the track?
    How will you verify that the tires returned to your impoundment shed are legal unaltered tires?
    How can I be sure to get my own tire set back?
    If I miss a race, how can I be sure somebody else didn't use or mess with my tires?
    If somebody drops oil or fuel onto the track, and I run through it, am I required to buy replacement tires?
    Is anybody available in the shed to help make sure I mount my tires safely and correctly? (Important when newbies are doing this.)
    Can I trade any of my impounded tires with somebody else's impounded tires?
    Can I protest somebody's impounded tire and get it checked? If so, what does that cost?
    Do I have to supply and use an impact gun, or can I use hand tools?
    When I purchase tires from you, can I pick out my own or do I have to use the ones you give me?
    Am I allowed to use your air and wash water to try to resize my impounded tires?

Sorry about so many questions, but I feel these things need to be documented rather than relying upon he said / she said during closed meetings...

4 Cycle Advanced User CH3Racing's Avatar
    This should be a site to see. Tires checking 70 on a Friday night track. I always enjoyed the slick tracks at the Speed Park. Just make sure those kids safety equipment is up to date.
    Chris Harris
    www.tracktac.com
    www.venomjuice.com
    charris@attl.com
    336-474-3500 (W)
    336-345-0445 (C)

4 Cycle Member
    Thank you for asking some important question about the No Tire Prep classes. At this time No classes have been scheduled but are being considered for a Predator Class. I have had several calls from some Predator racers with good support. we will take a vote in the drivers meeting at the first Friday night race on April 13th to see if we are going to start this class on the following Friday night race on May 11th.

I will try to answer all of your questions and concerns:

1. The first race each racer will have to purchase a new set of Hoosier FKSE tires at the race track from the tire impound area. After the event you can choose to either turn in your tires (one tire, two tires, three tires or the complete set) to be used at the next event or purchase new tires at the next event. If you choose to purchase more tires at the next event you can buy one or however many you choose. (you can ONLY have one set per driver at any time in the tire impound)

2. Parts will be for sale at each event, and wheels can be purchased at the track. Each racer must supply their own wheels and each wheel must have your drivers name and kart # visible on each wheel (A Sharpie can be used to mark the wheels).

3. All tires will be SCANNED to each individual driver so that the tires will not be mixed up between racers. All tires will be scanned when released and returned.

4. All tires will be stored in a LOCKED building at the track. We will have a tire official monitoring the tires and the tire impound.

5. No trading of tires between racers will be allowed at anytime.

6. Protesting tires from another racer will be allowed at the cost of $95 per tire to have a sample analyzed. If the Protested tire comes back as "not tampered with", then the racer that protested the tires will have to purchase another tire to replace the Protested tire.

7. Each racer must supply their own tools: Impact gun, tape measure, and air gauge. Track will furnish tire breaker and bead seating ring along with air. NO AIR TANKS ALLOWED in tire impound. MUST use track furnished air at all times. Track will also provide a tire washing tub for tires to be cleaned after the event.

8. Each racer will be allowed to purchase and pick their own tires at the track from the tire impound area.

9. NO CLEANING of any tires will be allowed till the end of the event. (if there is an issue with excessive mud buildup, a tire official MUST deem it necessary for the tire to be cleaned and MUST be present during cleaning)

4 Cycle Member
    For those of you who were able to join us at Woodleaf Raceway Park on February 13th, we want to say THANK YOU! For those of you who could not, we would like to invite you out to our first Friday night race on April 13th. Tommy did an awesome job on the racing surface and had it smooth and fast! We are looking forward to him working his magic again on Friday, April 13th.

Since our last event, many renovations have occurred at the track. Here are just a few of the new additions and facelifts you will see: fresh paint on all buildings, a new sign to welcome each competitor and spectator, new toilets in both bathrooms, a new tech shed, new scale house, concreted pad for post race inspection, concrete runways on and off the track and most importantly, 36 new infield lights to better light up the racing surface.

We hope to see each competitor at Woodleaf Raceway Park on Friday, April 13th! Please contact Marty Burrow for reserved parking.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    The following will be the lineup we are thinking about using on April 13. I try to stay one step ahead. It won't be long until we hear the WOODLEAF FRIDAY ROAR

1. CLONE LITE
    2. JR 1
    3. BABY CHAMP/KID KART
    4. CLONE 425 A
    5. PREDATOR 375
    6. CLONE RED PLATE
    7. CLONE MEDIUM
    8. TEEN CHAMP
    9. JR CHAMP
    10. PREDATOR 390
    11. SR CHAMP 425
    12. CLONE 425 B
    13. LIMITED MODIFIED
    14. JR 2
    15. CLONE HEAVY
    16. PREDATOR 425
    17. CLONE 450
    18. JR 3
    19. CLONE 390

The classes above are the classes we intend to run an Friday, April 13, 2018. This will be our practice run. We will determine after this first race as to what adjustments we need to make.

If you think you are going to run this race and would like to pre-enter, you can go to the following link and pre-register. This will be especially helpful if you think you will be running late due to work or bad traffic to get you entered in the scoring system and not have problems with being entered.

http://woodleafracewaypark.com/online-registration.php

We want to thank everyone who has shown interest in getting Woodleaf Raceway Park going again. As all tracks, it takes your interest and support in keeping the sport going in the correct direction. It will be good to hear the WOODLEAF FRIDAY ROAR!
    Last edited by Liberty Raceway; 03-31-2018 at 09:23 PM.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    After being contacted by several of the racers in the Woodleaf Raceway Park area, we will be adding Clone Lite to our lineup for April 13, 2018.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Any rwyb racers in the area???

4 Cycle Advanced User
    We have had a lot of calls and messages concerning this race. It is good to see everyone interested and getting involved in the track. We are looking forward to coming and watching you put on a great show. If anyone is interested in getting assigned parking, all you need to do is give me a call or text at 336-953-2522. Or you can message me here on Bobs 4-Cycle or on Facebook. Also you can pre-register by going to the following link. We are getting as excited as you all are!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I really hope your proposed plan for a no prep class works out for you , I know if I lived in that area I would support it without a doubt ! Let racers learn how to drive and become better drivers because of kart control !!! What a concept , and cost savings to boot !

4 Cycle Member
    We are really excited about the first Friday night race on April 13th, ALL CLASSES will be open tire for this event. Just to reconfirm we will be conducting a vote at the drivers meeting for the predator class for the NO PREP Hoosier tire class. The Weather is looking great, hope to see everyone there.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Pre-registration is up and running for this Friday's race. It doesn't cost anything to register for your class. Just click on the link below and fill in the information. That's all it takes. Thank you to everyone for helping out by using this form. We certainly appreciate you doing so.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    This is Hump Day! AND getting much closer to Friday! The day everyone looks so forward to. Have you made your plans for Friday? Itís not to late! The place to be is Woodleaf Raceway! If you havenít reserved your parking or pre-entered, you still have time but time is tiicking away. Donít be left out. Call or text 336-953-2522 for your parking or you can message on Bobís 4-Cycle or on Facebook to get set up. We still have some good parking left. Then go to the pre-entry form found online at http://woodleafracewaypark.com
    to enter your driver and kart up for Fridayís events. The weather is getting warmer and much nicer so, get on out and join in the 1st 2018 FRIDAY ROAR at WOODLEAF RACEWAY PARK.
    Last edited by Liberty Raceway; 04-13-2018 at 08:49 AM.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    RACE DAY! Thanks to everyone who had pre-entered. It really helps out. If you still need to enter, go to www.woodleafracewaypark.com. We will keep submitting your entry until 1:00 which will be the cut off time. You will still be able to enter at the registration stand if you donít make the cutoff deadline. We are excited about tonight and hope you feel the same. Safe travels and God bless you all!

4 Cycle Regular User
    The tire impound is a great idea in my opinion for the racers