Thread: Woodleaf Raceway Park - April 13, 2018 - FRIDAY NIGHT ROAR

4 Cycle Advanced User

Woodleaf Raceway Park - April 13, 2018 - FRIDAY NIGHT ROAR

WOODLEAF RACEWAY PARK

April 13, 2018

This is the first Friday night race of the 2018 season under new management. We are trying to make the classes as to where we can complete the last class of the night at decent time for everyone involved. These adjustments are not necessarily permanent and changes can be made at the conclusion or during race evening if seen needed. So, don’t get flustered if you see something not to your liking as all you need to do is let us know and we’ll discuss your concerns.

ALL CLASSES OPEN TIRE

CLONE 390
    GUARANTEED MONEY
    Entry Fee $45
    1st $500
    2nd $150
    3rd $75
    (NO KM)

CLONE MEDIUM <> CLONE HEAVY <> CLONE 425 A <> CLONE 425 B <> CLONE 450 <> LIMITED MODIFIED <> SR CHAMP CLONE 425 <> PREDATOR 375 <> PREDATOR 390 <> PREDATOR 425 <> TEEN CHAMP <> JR 1 <> JR 2 <> JR 3 <> JR CHAMP <> BEGINNER RED PLATE
    Entry Fee $35
    1st $300
    2nd $150
    3rd $75
    (14 KM)

ALL KID KARTS AND BABY CHAMPS RACE FREE ENTRY FEES!!!

THE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM LINK: http://woodleafracewaypark.redpillwe...gistration.php

Any questions on any class or tech questions, please contact Tommy Burrow at 336-953-2424

Anyone who would like to sign up for reserved parking, please contact Marty Burrow at 336-953-2522 or message on Bob’s 4-Cycle or on Facebook

Gates open - 4:30
    Open Practice - 5:30
    Controlled Practice – 6:30
    Qualifying- After Practice
    Mains to Follow

Gate Fee: $10.00
    6 and under - No Charge

4 Cycle Member
    ATTENTION : To all Predator and JR Racers!!! If. you did not attend the first race on February 3rd, We discussed in the drivers meeting about having a class for the Predator racers and JR Racers that would not allow tire prepping... The tires must be purchased at the track in a designated area and will have to remain in this area at all times unless the kart is on the track. TIRES MUST BE MOUNTED AND INFLATED in this area. Air and any tire changing equipment will be supplied as well.. Only items allowed in the designated area will be:
    1. Air Guage
    2. Tape Measure
    3. Impact Gun
    *** No Rags, Aerosol cans or any other types of cleaners will be ALLOWED ***
    After the class is complete you will have the option to leave your tires in the designated area to be used in the next scheduled event, if you choose to take yours tires with you , they will not be able to be used at the next event.*** You will have to PURCHASE more tires***
    A tire Washering Tub will be available to clean your tires at the end of the night..

We are looking for your feedback !!!!

If you are interested or have questions please contact Jeff at 336 403 3275

4 Cycle Advanced User
    sounds like a cluster.... i wish you well

4 Cycle Member
    I like it! I think buying a set each time is a great idea, no washing/wiping or nothing after coming off the track during the whole day. I say draw for the tires each time you go on the track for qualifying/heat races and races, this way if there might have been someone "sneak" something in/on the tires. Its far game then. I think this will help some people with budgets because they just need to show up to the track with a go kart/gears/motor/tools and a truck. No need for having 30 sets of tires and prep anymore. Also would like to see heat races come back. I know the two classes for each class gives more seat time by 10 laps. Take out all the double classes and narrow it down to 1 race per class, which should take the running order and cut it to half, so only 12-14 classes, no qualifying, draw your spot for the heat races and go! Lets take it back to the way it use to be when it was more fun and not as rushed to get back washed tires and right back out!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    one question would be how much are the tires? sounds like a rule made by a bunch of people moaning into a promoters ear... more rules NEVER seem to help anything anywhere... buy 1 set branded/ bar coded at the start of the year... thats all you get... until you run 4-5-6-7 (figure out the number) races before you can buy another set... 50% of the purse goes to the points fund that pays back 15 spots... every race you miss after 1, moves you back one spot in the end of year points... knock yourself out messing with the tires you will have to run for the next 5-10 races... saves money... learn tire management, money at the end to encourage being there every week... 20 people try'n to mount 4 tires and people watching over same in a small area... washing tires... turning in tires getting tires back all in time to race... I can't see this going well