Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AKRA Ported Head

Makes it kind of obvious why the Predator class are growing by leaps and bounds. In a couple years you will be paying $1,000 for an out of the box Predator that you aren't supposed to touch.

Quote Originally Posted by steve baker View Post
    I am really wondering if the best tech plan would be no tech in the port shape and configuration.........IDK ?

Steve
    I agree right there, said it last year. More heads will be screwed up than made good. Figure several of the cnc heads that are out are no where near as good as the hand ported heads b/c the layout wasn't good in the start. jmo

Alot of good points here but something to consider is actually results of something before we make a call on it or put it in writing. It would make it easier on most in my opinion. We had much discussion over a cam that would change racing and everyone had to buy it or loose meanwhile we tested this many times and confirmed that there was zero advantage to using the low duration cam and still currently use a cam that passes both sets of rules to win at all levels. Basically kinda the same with the heads as on our dyno which has seen many ported akra engines an NKA stock head engine has the top number. I agree with allowing porting to help with heads that are off and don't have a problem with it but we have to use common sense on something that may cause someone a problem in tech that has zero to do with them winning.

Unfortunately common sense is not a rule in the tech manual for many tech people.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Makes it kind of obvious why the Predator class are growing by leaps and bounds. In a couple years you will be paying $1,000 for an out of the box Predator that you aren't supposed to touch.
    Same path as the kt, flathead and clone they all started "box stock"