Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highway24

At this time no. The Jr classes will stay with the clone motor.

Are you going to allow the Ducars to run with the Predators?

Yes sir !

If so, you just lost a kart.

Add a rwyb class , we will sponsor the class!!

Dyno cams does a lot for this sport and Harbor freight does nothing for this sport so I think we as karter and track owners we need to support the company’s that help us. If you do not understand that I’m sorry.

I have nothing against Dyno Cams. I have used many of their products over the last 35 years. I am also a past champion at Highway 24 and always loved racing there. But, if you don't understand that a lot of people bought Predator motors to run in a class that didn't break the bank and now you expect them to run against what is basically a "cheated up" version of the same motor, then I think everyone can see where the problem is. This is the same thinking that has driven people away from the sport time & time again. First, to be competitive, it was $1200 "box-stock" motors, then a $200 set of tires that were cut down, run once & then thrown away. Karters left in droves. At what point does the madness end? When just a handful are left to play? Many who got out of the sport in the past have come back in because of that Harbor freight motor and now you, in effect, want to say "tricked you again". No second helping of that for me, thank you. Hey, your track, your rules. I get that. For me, it's a hobby. I'll just play where I can be competitive with what I want to spend on a hobby. I sincerely hope the track does well this season and for many to come.
    Last edited by Rocky; 03-02-2018 at 06:20 AM.

First off it is not my track, I’m just trying to help build this track back up. I understand what you are saying about the motors but if we dont have a open mind to some thing that will open doors for other racers to come to this track to race it will not grow. In that area there is not a lot of racers , so we are looking at Drawl racers from other race tracks in areas to come and race at Richlands. The motors at $180.00 with a chain guard and throttle hook up and it has a good flywheel on it for safety.

The Ducar is a much better value long term... when a predator blows up... if anything can be saved it's not worth much... if you blow up the ducar... you still have the $25 chain guard, the flywheel used is still worth $40.. even the throttle plates are $20 on ebay... i'm guessing the head would be worth $40... if you dont blow it up... a used predator is worth $60... Ive never seen a used ducar but i bet it'd be $150 around here..... just saying the durcar might be the cheaper way to go

No doubt the Ducar is a better piece and a better value. That's the problem. There are many who bought Predators in the last year, expecting to run them against other Predators. Now they have engines, some of them brand new, that will no longer be competitive, due to the Ducar. I bought two new ones myself that have never been on the track. If you want to be open-minded, here's a peace offering...add 25 lbs. to the Ducar like other tracks do that run them together. Also, is there a claim rule that will be in effect? If so, can you explain it in detail?

What about a lo206 flat kart class ?

Sorry not at this time.

Repeated from above for clarification: If you want to be open-minded, here's a peace offering...add 25 lbs. to the Ducar like other tracks do that run them together. Also, is there a claim rule that will be in effect? If so, can you explain it in detail?

i say keep the rwyb to regular flat karts only, no wedge bodies and you'll have a better response wont have the huge super $$$ engines that drive people from the class either jmo though which doesnt mean much lol.

Why no wedge bodys,then your eliminating people who already have a wedge body.allow the choice,rwyb is rwyb...

is there practice today

Track update: The weather is simply not cooperating. The 31st is sadly cancelled. Apologies to everyone, if need be the schedule will be revised. Updates will be posted next week by Thursday. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process.

Racing this weekend??

We are aware that the weather forecast for the April 7th race isn’t looking good, 80% chance of rain. We will keep you updated throughout the week.

The weather forecast for Saturday is 100% rain. I Have watched the weather all week and it has never been less than a 80% chance of rain for Saturday. Have a safe and blessed week y’all!

Any news on racing at Hwy 24? Is the web site up yet? Thanks

Hwy24 will not be racing this season according to a Facebook post made Tuesday of this week.

Wow was looking forward to it !!