Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: College Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagequest View Post
    BTW, No excuse for Harbaugh refusing to shake Dan Mullen’s hand mid-field as is traditionally done. Classless. Totally classless.
    You do know that Mullens spoke to the media about a yr or so ago, and doged Jim about satellite camps?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    You do know that Mullens spoke to the media about a yr or so ago, and doged Jim about satellite camps?
    And what does that have to do with sportsmanship? Yeah, that sportsmanship that coaching staff is also supposed to exhibit to set an example to the kids. It was a simple handshake in good faith, not a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagequest View Post
    And what does that have to do with sportsmanship? Yeah, that sportsmanship that coaching staff is also supposed to exhibit to set an example to the kids. It was a simple handshake in good faith, not a debate.

Lol its OK for a guy to talk trash about a coach to the media, it's OK for players to taunt a coach, but God forbid they don't shake hands.
    Maybe watch the video in its entirety.
    Coach Mac didn't shake Harbaughs hand after the second beat down, where's your rage over that?

Augusta, Martinez, Evans, North Augusta or we just call it the CSRA Area (Ga.)
    Oh well...maybe next yr...lol......................Go Dawgs Sic Em WOOF WOOF WOOF......good grief...

Lets go Clemson...

On a sad note, Purdue super fan Tyler Trent passed away.
    Great video of his story.

Bowl games are a joke now that starters sit out waiting for the NFL.

On a sad note, Purdue super fan Tyler Trent passed away.
    Great video of his story.
    I saw the documentary ESPN did on this kid back during the season. Sad story.
    RIP Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by davea7 View Post
    Bowl games are a joke now that starters sit out waiting for the NFL.
    I agree Dave, they need to put a stipulation in the scholarship, you sit out any game because of draft only you have to pay the school back their money.

Michigan was one of them, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by davea7 View Post
    Michigan was one of them, correct?
    Yes 5 1-3 round players sat out.
    The 3 most important on D and our #1 RB on offense and L Tackle

Who y'all got tonight...Clemson or Ala.

Like to see it kept in the SEC of course but I think Clemson will win it...close game

Trevor Lawrence truly is awesome. Alabama totally getting Bama’ed tonight being forced into so many mistakes.

That Clemson DEFENSE just stop everything that Ala. had in there offense playbook

Alabama projected the same down over all feeling during the game that the coach, quarterback and defensive player had in interview after the game.

on a side note, ...

If someone passes this on, it goes viral and they start calling the quarterback by the nickname of Pharaoh or Akhenaten, ya'll saw it here first. ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Instead of " Roll Tide " Tide got rolled over !

"Rolled" Tide ........that's funny stuff, has a certain ring to it. Lol

And the college version of silly season is off and running

Ohio state is going to be in trouble, Tate transferring

Ohio state is going to be in trouble, Tate transferring
    New here ………… but as Keith Jackson would of said Whoa Nelly!! A bit premature to say OSU in trouble, Can't overlook QB Transfer Justin Fields from Georgia who was named the Elite 11 QB MVP over Trevor Lawrence from Clemson coming out of high school. Fields needs to be cleared by the NCAA but considering he has the same attorney that was able to gain a waiver for Shea Patterson he should be in pretty good shape. Worst case Matt Baldwin ranked as the 19th best QB according to 24/7 coming out last year takes the reins for a year with a seasoned running back in JK Dobbins to do the heavy lifting.
    OSU's biggest issue was on the D, losing Nick Bosa (Top 2/3 in the up coming draft) was huge and LB play was suspect. Looking forward to see the 5 star freshman DL Harrison paired with Young with a new DC and LB coach

Quote Originally Posted by Coopkart View Post
    New here ………… but as Keith Jackson would of said Whoa Nelly!! A bit premature to say OSU in trouble, Can't overlook QB Transfer Justin Fields from Georgia who was named the Elite 11 QB MVP over Trevor Lawrence from Clemson coming out of high school. Fields needs to be cleared by the NCAA but considering he has the same attorney that was able to gain a waiver for Shea Patterson he should be in pretty good shape. Worst case Matt Baldwin ranked as the 19th best QB according to 24/7 coming out last year takes the reins for a year with a seasoned running back in JK Dobbins to do the heavy lifting.
    OSU's biggest issue was on the D, losing Nick Bosa (Top 2/3 in the up coming draft) was huge and LB play was suspect. Looking forward to see the 5 star freshman DL Harrison paired with Young with a new DC and LB coach
    You mean the guy that was a DC and let Rutgers gut his defense, the man was never gonna be a DC at UofM, he's 70 and doesn't recruit anymore.
    Washington was only at UofM for 9 months, he was fired from his previous 4 jobs so verdict still out on him
    Fields doesn't have the grounds for a wavier, having someone smaller than you call you a name doesn't get one, the boy that said something to Fields isn't at GA anymore, but Fields sister still goes there.
    In no way shape or form is that equal to Shea's case.
    And Baldwin? Lol
    Leave it to OSU, 2 coaches gone and their legacy tarnished, a new HC that has never been an HC, but everything will be ok

Of and camp accolades? You seriously aren't gonna use that are you? Shane Morris ring a bell?

You mean the guy that was a DC and let Rutgers gut his defense, the man was never gonna be a DC at UofM, he's 70 and doesn't recruit anymore.
    Washington was only at UofM for 9 months, he was fired from his previous 4 jobs so verdict still out on him
    Fields doesn't have the grounds for a wavier, having someone smaller than you call you a name doesn't get one, the boy that said something to Fields isn't at GA anymore, but Fields sister still goes there.
    In no way shape or form is that equal to Shea's case.
    And Baldwin? Lol
    Leave it to OSU, 2 coaches gone and their legacy tarnished, a new HC that has never been an HC, but everything will be ok
    Mattison was good enough UM offered a 2 year extension before he left, not to mention different talent level then last time he faced Rutgers but I will admit jury is still out. Washington on the other hand was a few years ago recognized as of the top recruiters in college football and those close to the story up here are saying Washington was offered more $$ , DL job and DC when Brown leaves. Washington's Dad seems to have the biggest influence in his choice. On the field Washington's LB unit was a lot better then OSU's Just curious, how many assistants have left since Jimmy has taken the reins?
    If I remember correctly wasn't Ole Miss coaching staff including his brother who I believe was a coach notified months before Shea signed? I do agree big difference between the 2 and with the NCAA you never know what will come out of it
    Day maybe a reach time will tell, OSU could of searched nationally and got a Rich Rod who was responsible for UM first football NCAA violations and self imposed probation or Brady Hoke , no need to re hash the Gibbons incident. Next year will be interesting for both

Jury still out on Day, who knows he

Quote Originally Posted by Coopkart View Post
    Mattison was good enough UM offered a 2 year extension before he left, not to mention different talent level then last time he faced Rutgers but I will admit jury is still out. Washington on the other hand was a few years ago recognized as of the top recruiters in college football and those close to the story up here are saying Washington was offered more $$ , DL job and DC when Brown leaves. Washington's Dad seems to have the biggest influence in his choice. On the field Washington's LB unit was a lot better then OSU's Just curious, how many assistants have left since Jimmy has taken the reins?
    If I remember correctly wasn't Ole Miss coaching staff including his brother who I believe was a coach notified months before Shea signed? I do agree big difference between the 2 and with the NCAA you never know what will come out of it
    Day maybe a reach time will tell, OSU could of searched nationally and got a Rich Rod who was responsible for UM first football NCAA violations and self imposed probation or Brady Hoke , no need to re hash the Gibbons incident. Next year will be interesting for both

Jury still out on Day, who knows he
    A 2 yr extension as a dline coach is different than DC, he faced Rutgers with Hokes recruits, Hoke didn't recruit offense well, but he sure stocked up on defense, Rutgers wasn't the only team to roast his defenses, he's still 70yrs old and doesn't recruit.
    Well majority of my family is still in Michigan,(We are some of the longest season ticket holders) my brother works in the IT department at UofM, Washington was never offered more than he had, Partridge and Bush Sr both would of been in front of him for that job.
    The LB's were no better this year than last so that wasn't Washington
    Washington a top recruiter? not. Partridge was ranked higher
    2017 #1
    2018 #35
    2019 #7
    Washington
    2017 *Not in the top 250
    2018 *Not in the top 250
    2019 #85
    So a top recruiter is a lie.
    His dad, and being from there is the reason he left, and isn't a big a loss as OSU fans try to say he was.
    Assistants leaving? the majority have went on to better jobs/raises.
    Don't all programs go through that?
    Shea was lied to by coaches and school officials, they admitted it.
    Yeah 20 minutes extra practice, that was player lead but, a coach happen to be around, is equal to one lying to the NCAA, covering up, and playing ineligible players(Banned by the NCAA from coaching), and covering for a long time wife beater is equal to that...smh.
    Gibbons? lol he was kicked out of school, and never charged and incase you didn't notice, the school president, the athletic director, and the head coach and staff were all fired over that.
    Most level headed OSU fans think Smith should of been fired, and that OSU should of went and got a better coach.
    Day ran Urbans system, now someone else is coming in to run a different system, air raid from Oklahoma State?
    Urban does as he does, funny OSU fans hated him at Florida and the stuff he pulled down there, but was acceptable when he was in Columbus.

Recruiter stats are from 247, I have a VIP account over there, even though I never use the UofM homeboard.

We did hire a OC today, he is a good recruiter, even though that means nothing, the school and the location sway that type of stuff
    Josh Gattis from Bama, wots is the offense is his, Jim is stepping aside from that roll, also rumored that we are going to a power spread kinda like Bama ran.
    Unlike OSU our QB room is stocked, and IMO both Dylan McCaffery #5 Pro QB and Joe Milton #9 Pro QB will be better than Shea, I for one was hoping he would be a 1 and done.

Brandon Peters #6 Pro QB, #61 in the country in his class will transfer(That's why I have no faith in recruiting rankings)

Love the QB room now, when Jim took over it was in sad shape, Hoke didn't recruit QBs that's why we had to take transfers

A 2 yr extension as a dline coach is different than DC, he faced Rutgers with Hokes recruits, Hoke didn't recruit offense well, but he sure stocked up on defense, Rutgers wasn't the only team to roast his defenses, he's still 70yrs old and doesn't recruit.
    Well majority of my family is still in Michigan,(We are some of the longest season ticket holders) my brother works in the IT department at UofM, Washington was never offered more than he had, Partridge and Bush Sr both would of been in front of him for that job.
    The LB's were no better this year than last so that wasn't Washington
    Washington a top recruiter? not. Partridge was ranked higher
    2017 #1
    2018 #35
    2019 #7
    Washington
    2017 *Not in the top 250
    2018 *Not in the top 250
    2019 #85
    So a top recruiter is a lie.
    His dad, and being from there is the reason he left, and isn't a big a loss as OSU fans try to say he was.
    Assistants leaving? the majority have went on to better jobs/raises.
    Don't all programs go through that?
    Shea was lied to by coaches and school officials, they admitted it.
    Yeah 20 minutes extra practice, that was player lead but, a coach happen to be around, is equal to one lying to the NCAA, covering up, and playing ineligible players(Banned by the NCAA from coaching), and covering for a long time wife beater is equal to that...smh.
    Gibbons? lol he was kicked out of school, and never charged and incase you didn't notice, the school president, the athletic director, and the head coach and staff were all fired over that.
    Most level headed OSU fans think Smith should of been fired, and that OSU should of went and got a better coach.
    Day ran Urbans system, now someone else is coming in to run a different system, air raid from Oklahoma State?
    Urban does as he does, funny OSU fans hated him at Florida and the stuff he pulled down there, but was acceptable when he was in Columbus.

Recruiter stats are from 247, I have a VIP account over there, even though I never use the UofM homeboard.

We did hire a OC today, he is a good recruiter, even though that means nothing, the school and the location sway that type of stuff
    Josh Gattis from Bama, wots is the offense is his, Jim is stepping aside from that roll, also rumored that we are going to a power spread kinda like Bama ran.
    Unlike OSU our QB room is stocked, and IMO both Dylan McCaffery #5 Pro QB and Joe Milton #9 Pro QB will be better than Shea, I for one was hoping he would be a 1 and done.

Brandon Peters #6 Pro QB, #61 in the country in his class will transfer(That's why I have no faith in recruiting rankings)

Love the QB room now, when Jim took over it was in sad shape, Hoke didn't recruit QBs that's why we had to take transfers

Obviously I can't match you insight of the UM program, I am fortunate to know a few well placed friends at OSU and an old sponsor of a AMA Flat track motorcycle who happens to be a putting your name on buildings type of contributor to OSU. I did used to have some connection to UM through my cousin(High School Football Coach, Olentangy) and friend of Rich Rod. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the Washington offer, my source could of very well been lied to by the elder Washington. You know how parents can be , their kid is the next great thing! I deal with it every season coaching. The LB play at UM may not of been better but as I said was better then OSU's and that is what OSU fans are hoping for.

I don't believe I ever said what Rich Rod did was comparable to Tressel. You are correct Tress lied, to cover up or some feel protect his players because they sold their own stuff, 1 day out of college and not one player would of faced anything from the NCAA. Dirty little secret is what they actually did was cut the NCAA out of their cut($$$) while the NCAA could still collect, no way the NCAA could let players eliminate the NCAA from their cut and when Tressel signed the document he enabled them. You continue to exaggerate Tressel's ban post after post, He received a 5 year Show Clause or 5 year ban if it makes you feel better he is free to coach any place he wants today. You also fail to mention the players involved were suspended by OSU for the sugar bowl versus Arkansas that year only to be reinstated by the NCAA. The NCAA ruled OSU did not receive a competitive advantage from these players. An example of competitive advantage would be the Fab Five, still shake my head Steve Fisher walked on that one. My biggest pet peeve through this whole thing was I or you could of walked into any sporting goods store and bought these kids jersey or memorabilia as long as the NCAA got theirs
    Gibbons, please ..... the guy was arrested in 2009 for rape and finally suspended his last 2 games in 2013 OSU and the bowl game. On top of it Hoke lied as to why (OSU Muscle problem/ Family Matter bowl game), and the victim according to reports received threats (confirmed by 2 other football players) from Gibbons room mate Taylor Lewan that he would rape her again if she pressed charges against Gibbons. Lewan did receive a stern talking to by University officials.

Both of these cases are not to compare, they are simply examples of don't throw stones in a glass house. I get the feeling You and I both know you can dig skeletons at any school.

Count me in the camp of wanting Zach Smith gone long before he was, always thought he benefited from exceptional athletes (Devon Smith, Michael Thomas, etc) and most of all he was the grand son of Earle Bruce, Urban's mentor. I don't believe it was just by accident Smith was let go a few months after Earle passed away. To your point on Gibbons , Smith was never charged with Domestic and even had his Mother in law (Wife's Mother) defend him.
    I will have to take your word on the hatred towards Meyer at Florida, the people I meet at the shoe never seemed to express this other then one game that unfortunately I was at.

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoy the back and forth but also want to see UM back , Penn State and Sparty for that matter too. I don't mean to date myself but I grew up during the ten year war, was at OSU on a recruiting trip (Another Sport) when Earle was fired and suffered through the Cooper years. Nothing better then when both are firing on all cylinders heading into the game like 2006 or what we all thought this year was going to be.

Still looks like OSU is going to be in trouble for a QB next season, I read Fields doesn't have grounds for the waiver, and the sure numbers of players in the "Portal" when ever that came a thing, that his case has no merit, his sister is still at UGA

Dave 16 players leaving PSU for several different reasons?

Dave 16 players leaving PSU for several different reasons?
    Yeah, part of the new transfer rule that is just one more rule ruining college football. Thankfully most of them aren't starters so they are transferring to get playing time.

We sucked last year....we sucked this year....and we gonna suck next year.

I'm about to join the rest of the nation and jump on the SEC bandwagon.

Just found out that Fields can play this season as QB...good luck to him, hate to see him go but its going to be hard for anybody to out beat Fromm at Ga.

Jamie...are you gonna start a 2019 thread so I can tell everyone that PSU is gonna kick butt this year.........................in wrestling.