Thread: Kart Track width and trailer openings

Kart Track width and trailer openings

So this is really a beginner question. Kart rear track width is measured from outside of one rear tire the the outside of another rear tire and for WKA sprint racing this is a maximum of 55 1/8"?

(If I get a trailer I want to "future proof" it so any kart can be loaded without having to take it apart).

That is correct 55 1/8 max. It is nice though if you have enclosed trailer to have enough room to shuffle or walk up the side if needed. Most are in the 6-7 ft range on width. Some a little larger some I have seen as small as 5x8.

I'll be lucky if I have room for the kart. I would put in a side door at the front to allow access in and out once the trailer is loaded. Per WKA rules are the kids' Cadet karts (for 8-11) any smaller or is it the same limit as the grownups? I don't have a WKA manual yet -

I believe the rule for cadets is 50 inches. Some one may need to confirm that. Kid karts are 42 I think. Again, if someone else could confirm that would be better.

When i started helping a friend before I got racing myself, he had a 6 by 12 trailer with 4i.5 ft doors on both sides of the front. A shelf made it possible to haul 2 karts crosswise in the front. A third kart could be hauled on the floor behind. A shelf and motor storage down 1 sidewall.
    With the karts out, you have a wide bench to work in the front of tralier.