Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 78

Thread: 2018 Burris Southeast Tour

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    This weekend 3/10/18 at Dawgwood Speedway would be a good time to get a little practice in for the 1st Burris Southeast Tour.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Open Modified is now Guaranteed $500 To Win.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Preregistration is now open, go to our Burris Southeast Tour Facebook page to find the link.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    With just a little over 2 weeks till our first race please go to our Facebook page Burris Southeast Tour and preregister. You don’t pay anything until race day, just simply complete the entry form.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Preregistration is only 2 days in and we have 150 entries already, looking real good.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    13 Days and counting till the green flag drops.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    We have 210 pre entries as of this morning. We will post all our entries by class tonight on our Facebook page.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    270 Pre entries.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    We are at the 300 mark of pre entries.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Is all the stock classes Clone?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent131 View Post
    Is all the stock classes Clone?
    Yes they are.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Unfortunately Mother Nature is going to win this weekend. We wanted this series to start off with a good warm dry race day but it wasn’t in the cards. With that being said onto Dumplin Valley on April 21st, then back to Dawgwood on May 5th for the makeup. Thanks for all the pre entries it really blowed my mind to have over 340 signed up. Thank you very much and we will see you in Kodak Tennessee.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    2018 Burris Southeast Tour, April 21st Dumplin Valley Raceway Complete Race Flyer and Payouts at the bottom of this post.

    We are thrilled to kick off the 2018 racing season with a brand new series. The whole concept of this series is to bring back the prestige in karting rather than the money. We created this series for the low-budget racer by still having majority of the classes guaranteed with a low entry fee. The parking will be free at every race. Each race will be fully staffed for the convenience of the racer. We will run a maximum of 16 classes at every race throughout the season. We would like to thank Mike and Kurt Burris from Burris Racing for the tremendous support they have given us. Also, our good friend Aaron Smith from T4 Films we will be dragging out of retirement to come film some of the races this season.

    Schedule:

    April 21st Dumplin Valley Speedway
    May 5th Dawgwood Speedway
    May 26th Beaver Creek Speedway
    June 23rd Dawgwood Speedway
    July 28th Dumplin Valley Speedway
    September 1st Beaver Creek Speedway

    *Date Changed for July 21st to July 28th
    **Tentative Rain Dates March 31st, April 28th, June 16th, August 18th, September 8th

    Classes:
    Red Plate (#245, Ages 5-8,Gear rule will vary at each track)
    Jr. 1 Green (#265, Ages,8-10)
    Jr. 2 Purple (#290 Ages,10-12)
    Jr. 3 Blue Lite (#310 Ages,12-15)
    Jr. 3 Blue Heavy (#320 Ages,12-15)
    Jr. Champ (#315, Ages 8-12)
    Stock Lite #325
    Stock Medium #350
    Stock Heavy #375
    Super Heavy (#425, driver must weigh 200lbs)
    Senior Stock (#375, Ages 35 and over)
    Sumo Heavy (#450, driver must weigh 225lbs)
    Stock Predator (#375, rules can be found on dawgwoodspeedway.org under rules)
    Senior Champ (#425, Animal)
    Limited (F/H #350, A #375)
    Ga UAS (open tire)
    Open Modified 14.5 CI (OHV #375)(F/H #360)(Limited #325)

    Information:
    -Engine rules are NKA or AKRA.
    - All classes are either 33's except for champ classes which are 33's or 55's.
    -Plate racer's can advance one division.
    -Plate racer's age on January 1st will determine what class you race for the rest of the season.
    -All Plate classes are small pipe. Adult classes are big pipe.
    -Best five of six races.

    Point Series Awards:
    1st Custom Trophy, Burris Jacket, One set of Burris Tires
    2nd Custom Trophy
    3rd Custom Trophy

    Payout for April 21st
    Dumplin Valley Raceway

    Stock Heavy - Guaranteed
    1. $1,000
    2. $400
    3. $200
    4. $100
    5. $75
    Entry Fee - $75
    25 Laps

    Stock Lite - Guaranteed
    Stock Medium - Guaranteed
    Super Heavy - Guaranteed
    Limited - Guaranteed
    1. $500
    2. $200
    3. $100
    4. $75
    5. $60
    Entry Fee - $60
    20 Laps

    Jr. 1 Green - Guaranteed
    Jr. 2 Purple - Guaranteed
    Jr. 3 Blue Lite - Guaranteed
    Jr. 3 Blue Heavy - Guaranteed
    Senior Stock - Guaranteed
    Sumo Heavy - Guaranteed
    1. $200
    2. $100
    3. $50
    Entry Fee - $30
    15 Laps

    Open Modified
    1. $500 - Guaranteed
    2. Thru 5. Depends on Kart Count
    Entry Fee - $60
    15 Laps

    RWYB
    Entry Fee - $50 - 100% Payback 15 laps

    Predator
    Jr. Champ
    Senior Champ
    1. $200
    2. $100
    3. $50
    Entry - $30
    12 KM
    15 Laps

    Red Plate
    Entry Fee $20 - 100 Payback - 12 Laps
    16/64 Gear Rule

    All Parking Will Be Free
    (first come first serve)

    Gate Information:
    -Fee is $20
    -Gates open at 8amPractice at 11am

    Contact:
    Rodney Byers 678-910-1989

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Jr 3 Blue Heavy is changed to $500 To Win.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    A couple of gear rules for Dumplin Valley on April 21st.

    Red Plate 18/63

    Stock Predator 19 Tooth Driver

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Two weeks away from the Dumplin Valley Race and we have 230 pre entries, we are 17 more at this point than the first race. Remember to pre enter for the extra round of practice.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sevierville Tn
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgwood speedway View Post
    A couple of gear rules for Dumplin Valley on April 21st.

    Red Plate 18/63

    Stock Predator 19 Tooth Driver
    Thanks for the gear rule change for dumplin. Saves buying special gear set for rear and parts littering the track.�� Looks like this race series going to biggest and best with the Dawgs running it. Needs a "sticky" BOB E.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    379
    Any RWYB karts planning to be there on the 21st? I have a kart to test, but don't want to be the only RWYB there.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacLamb View Post
    Any RWYB karts planning to be there on the 21st? I have a kart to test, but don't want to be the only RWYB there.
    There’s already 4 pre entered in RWYB.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgwood speedway View Post
    There’s already 4 pre entered in RWYB.
    Awesome. Thank you.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Final Race Day Information

    The first Burris Southeast Tour Race is here this weekend at Dumplin Valley Raceway. We are looking forward to meeting and getting to know all the Burris racing family.

    Now on to the info, with our series being bigger than we ever expected we will open our gates Friday night from 5 to 8 for trailer drop off only.
    Camping will be allowed on Friday night but must purchase pit passes upon arriving. Grounds will close at 830.

    Arm bands are to be worn at all times.

    Saturday Times

    Gates open at 8am.

    Practice will start at 11am.

    All Parking is FREE and is first come other than the sponsor parking. Please do not take up more than you need. Trailers 20’ and longer we know will need 2 spots to allow side pitting. No single vehicles will be allowed on pit side due to the large crowd expected.

    Registration will open at 830 at the bottom of the scoring tower. A few things to know.

    1. Please bring a valid drivers license with you.

    2. If you are under 18 you must be registered by a parent.

    3. Cash only.

    Pre tech

    Pre tech will also open at 830 at the scale house.

    1. Make sure all lead is painted white and double nutted with your kart number on it. Make sure the top nut is a lock but.

    2. Bring your helmet with you as it has to be approved.

    Practice will start at 11am.

    The 2nd round will be the bonus round. To receive the bonus round you must pre enter. Preregistration will close on Thursday at 8pm.

    Grid

    No prepping or any adjustments will be made on the grid.

    Kart buggies are not to be on the concrete part of the grid.

    Please set karts down when asked and be ready to go.

    Race Info

    A drivers meeting will start 15 minutes after practice is over.

    Qualifying will be 3 laps, 5 To 6 karts at a time. Bigger classes may be done by group. If groups are used and you miss your group you will lose your fastest lap.

    All plate classes will only start 16 karts.
    We will lock in the top 12 from qualifying and take the top 4 from a 8 lap consolation race if needed.

    All adult classes will start 24 karts.
    We will lock in the top 20 from qualifying and take the top 4 from a 8 lap consolation race if needed.

    Consolation races will all be run before features.

    Gas Stop
    The Shell Station on the left when you turn onto Dumplin Valley Road. 87 octane only.

    And finally if you have ever raced at Dawgwood Speedway you know that we run a fast pace show, but if you need an extra minute between a class please let us know. We will work with you. We want this experience to be a great one for you.

    For additional info look on the race flyer on the top post.

    Thanks Rodney, Dolores & Kerry Byers

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sevierville Tn
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgwood speedway View Post
    Final Race Day Information

    The first Burris Southeast Tour Race is here this weekend at Dumplin Valley Raceway. We are looking forward to meeting and getting to know all the Burris racing family.

    Now on to the info, with our series being bigger than we ever expected we will open our gates Friday night from 5 to 8 for trailer drop off only.
    Camping will be allowed on Friday night but must purchase pit passes upon arriving. Grounds will close at 830.

    Arm bands are to be worn at all times.

    Saturday Times

    Gates open at 8am.

    Practice will start at 11am.

    All Parking is FREE and is first come other than the sponsor parking. Please do not take up more than you need. Trailers 20 and longer we know will need 2 spots to allow side pitting. No single vehicles will be allowed on pit side due to the large crowd expected.

    Registration will open at 830 at the bottom of the scoring tower. A few things to know.

    1. Please bring a valid drivers license with you.

    2. If you are under 18 you must be registered by a parent.

    3. Cash only.

    Pre tech

    Pre tech will also open at 830 at the scale house.

    1. Make sure all lead is painted white and double nutted with your kart number on it. Make sure the top nut is a lock but.

    2. Bring your helmet with you as it has to be approved.

    Practice will start at 11am.

    The 2nd round will be the bonus round. To receive the bonus round you must pre enter. Preregistration will close on Thursday at 8pm.

    Grid

    No prepping or any adjustments will be made on the grid.

    Kart buggies are not to be on the concrete part of the grid.

    Please set karts down when asked and be ready to go.

    Race Info

    A drivers meeting will start 15 minutes after practice is over.

    Qualifying will be 3 laps, 5 To 6 karts at a time. Bigger classes may be done by group. If groups are used and you miss your group you will lose your fastest lap.

    All plate classes will only start 16 karts.
    We will lock in the top 12 from qualifying and take the top 4 from a 8 lap consolation race if needed.

    All adult classes will start 24 karts.
    We will lock in the top 20 from qualifying and take the top 4 from a 8 lap consolation race if needed.

    Consolation races will all be run before features.

    Gas Stop
    The Shell Station on the left when you turn onto Dumplin Valley Road. 87 octane only.

    And finally if you have ever raced at Dawgwood Speedway you know that we run a fast pace show, but if you need an extra minute between a class please let us know. We will work with you. We want this experience to be a great one for you.

    For additional info look on the race flyer on the top post.

    Thanks Rodney, Dolores & Kerry Byers
    What Snell helmet numbers are allowed at your races??

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by WOFFER View Post
    What Snell helmet numbers are allowed at your races??
    Go to our Burris Southeast Tour Facebook page and we have a chart for you to go by.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sevierville Tn
    Posts
    112
    Found it. Sorry for the stupid question which I should have been able to find myself. Long day.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    2 More days to preregister, don’t be left out. Already 300 pre entries.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    2018 Burris Southeast May 5 Dawgwood Speedway Complete Race Flyer and Payouts at the bottom of this post.

    We are thrilled to kick off the 2018 racing season with a brand new series. The whole concept of this series is to bring back the prestige in karting rather than the money. We created this series for the low-budget racer by still having majority of the classes guaranteed with a low entry fee. The parking will be free at every race. Each race will be fully staffed for the convenience of the racer. We will run a maximum of 16 classes at every race throughout the season. We would like to thank Mike and Kurt Burris from Burris Racing for the tremendous support they have given us. Also, our good friend Aaron Smith from T4 Films we will be dragging out of retirement to come film some of the races this season.

    May 5th Dawgwood Speedway
    May 26th Beaver Creek Speedway
    June 23rd Dawgwood Speedway
    July 28th Dumplin Valley Speedway
    September 1st Beaver Creek Speedway

    *Date Changed for July 21st to July 28th
    **Tentative Rain Dates March 31st, April 28th, June 16th, August 18th, September 8th

    Classes:
    Red Plate (#245, Ages 5-8,Gear rule will vary at each track) Dawgwood Speedway Gear Rule (16-64)
    Jr. 1 Green (#265, Ages,8-10)
    Jr. 2 Purple (#290 Ages,10-12)
    Jr. 3 Blue Lite (#310 Ages,12-15)
    Jr. 3 Blue Heavy (#320 Ages,12-15)
    Jr. Champ (#315, Ages 8-12)
    Stock Lite #325
    Stock Medium #350
    Stock Heavy #375
    Super Heavy (#425, driver must weigh 200lbs)
    Senior Stock (#375, Ages 35 and over)
    Sumo Heavy (#450, driver must weigh 225lbs)
    Stock Predator (#375, rules can be found on dawgwoodspeedway.org under rules) Dawgwood Speedway Gear Rule (16Tooth Driver)
    Senior Champ (#425, Animal)
    Limited (F/H #350, A #375)
    Ga UAS (open tire)
    Open Modified 14.5 CI (OHV #375)(F/H #360)(Limited #325)

    Information:
    -Engine rules are NKA or AKRA.
    - All classes are either 33's except for champ classes which are 33's or 55's.
    -Plate racer's can advance one division.
    -Plate racer's age on January 1st will determine what class you race for the rest of the season.
    -All Plate classes are small pipe. Adult classes are big pipe.
    -Best five of six races.

    Point Series Awards:
    1st Custom Trophy, Burris Winter Jacket, One set of Burris Tires
    2nd Custom Trophy
    3rd Custom Trophy

    Payouts for May 5th
    Dawgwood Speedway

    Stock Heavy - Guaranteed
    1. $1,000
    2. $400
    3. $200
    4. $100
    5. $75
    Entry Fee - $75
    25 Laps

    Stock Lite - Guaranteed
    Stock Medium - Guaranteed
    Super Heavy - Guaranteed
    Limited - Guaranteed
    Jr 3 Heavy - Guaranteed
    1. $500
    2. $200
    3. $100
    4. $75
    5. $60
    Entry Fee - $60
    20 Laps

    Jr. 1 Green - Guaranteed
    Jr. 2 Purple - Guaranteed
    Jr. 3 Blue Lite - Guaranteed
    Senior Stock - Guaranteed
    Sumo Heavy - Guaranteed
    Open Modified- Guaranteed
    1. $200
    2. $100
    3. $50
    Entry Fee - $30
    15 Laps

    RWYB
    Entry Fee - $50 - 100% Payback 15 laps

    Predator (16 Tooth Driver)
    Jr. Champ
    Senior Champ
    1. $200
    2. $100
    3. $50
    Entry - $30
    12 KM
    15 Laps

    Red Plate
    Entry Fee $20 - 100 Payback - 12 Laps

    Friday Night Trailer Drop Off
    5pm till 8pm
    Gates will close at 830pm

    Gate Information:
    -Fee is $20
    -Gates open at 8am Practice starts at 11am

    Contact:
    Rodney Byers 678-910-1989

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tullahoma, TN
    Posts
    214
    Is there a insurance or transponder fee? How much? I entered open and unlimited and was charged $145

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by southerndirt04 View Post
    Is there a insurance or transponder fee? How much? I entered open and unlimited and was charged $145
    Open Modified $60 plus $5 Transponder
    RWYB $50plus $5 Transponder
    Insurance $5
    Last edited by dawgwood speedway; 04-23-2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Wrong price

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •