Charlotte Expo  

Thread: Daytona Road Race gearing

4 Cycle Member

Daytona Road Race gearing

Anybody help me out with baseline clutch and axle gear size for TaG Heavy Rotax and IAME Leopard for Daytona?

4 Cycle Advanced User Jeff Wesell's Avatar
    16-73 is always our starting point for Daytona with the Leopards. Would either go up a tooth or (usually more than not) down a tooth or two pending weather, drafting partner, etc.
    Jeff Wesell
    Streeter Super Stands
    The largest selection of Kart Stands, Lifts and Shop & Trailer Accessories
    "Roll with The Best!"

3 years ago when we first went to Daytona, I had Lindsay at a 16-72 on a 07 Leopard and she ran up front including winning one class. We did run longer flex than most of the competition if I recall correctly (17 1/2").

4 Cycle Advanced User Jeff Wesell's Avatar
    ^^^^That year was one of my favorite all time Daytona Kart Weeks!^^^^ Had a blast meeting you, talking with you all and the racing that year was really fun and competitive too!
    Jeff Wesell
    Streeter Super Stands
    The largest selection of Kart Stands, Lifts and Shop & Trailer Accessories
    "Roll with The Best!"

Jeff,
    Back at ya!! What GREAT memories!!!!
    Lindsay still talks about the fun she had racing with you and the time we spent chatting before and after the races!!! I have a pic hanging in the shop with 8 of the ?? karts 2-3 wide with YOU right behind her going across the line early during the first day race. Her never being to Daytona until then and with most people not knowing who she was until the first day race was over, it was our pleasure and enjoyment on how you all made us feel welcomed. That went away the second day when she won!!!! LOL.

We would have loved to return this year but with Lindsay's job where she is someone IMPORTANT now a days, she has to be here at home to handle all the 3000 employees open enrollment stuff as she is the loan wolf in the HR department for her company. It didn't help with her brother getting married in April and her getting married in October and spending all of daddy's money!! LMAO. Bad news is that now with things getting back to normal, were coming back strong in 2018 including putting her hubby in a kart.