Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nascar /Toyota

4 Cycle Advanced User
    South Bronx NY / Conway SC / Myrtle beach

Nascar /Toyota

The real meaning of "NASCAR" now is "National Association for Sometimes Changing All Rules" for Toyota .......because they bought their way into the big guns pocket of Nascar, ig every vehicle used by Nascar is Toyota, never heard a winning Toyota got tear down and always pass inspection at the R&D center ......Now why do Ford / Chevy drivers has to be driven around the track on top of a Toyota Tundra ? they has no saying or they agree to under ?? pressure from the heads of Nascar ?? ....... would like some input ...................:reg

4 Cycle Advanced User
    South Bronx NY / Conway SC / Myrtle beach
    By the way, don't tell me Toyota was built in the US................that's BS...

Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    The real meaning of "NASCAR" now is "National Association for Sometimes Changing All Rules" for Toyota .......because they bought their way into the big guns pocket of Nascar, ig every vehicle used by Nascar is Toyota, never heard a winning Toyota got tear down and always pass inspection at the R&D center ......Now why do Ford / Chevy drivers has to be driven around the track on top of a Toyota Tundra ? they has no saying or they agree to under ?? pressure from the heads of Nascar ?? ....... would like some input ...................:reg
    What about the 48 crew working on the car in another pit stall yesterday with NO penalty called? I believe Letarte and Burton were all over it and said a penalty was in order. I might be mistaken but I don't believe the 48 is a Toyota.

The vehicles used to drive the drivers around vary from track to track. Ford owns the ENTIRE weekend at Homestead and Edsel Ford will be there. I bet lunch there will be Fords shuttling the drivers around.

Toyota has the largest display of the manufactures at the races. They provide premium spectator parking for Toyota owners at some of the tracks. They have separate entrances at some of the tracks for Toyota owners. Their cars are more American made than either of the other 2 brands even if you refuse to believe it. I don't own a Toyota but I make sure to carry a Toyota key to every race. Their hospitality area is unbelievable. You show them a Toyota key and they feed you, give you plenty of cold drinks and give you an excellent goody bag.

get off your crazy horse bud.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Nothing new about Nascar changing things to help certain manufacturers. Their entire history was penalizing Ford and Chrysler in an attempt to keep GM competitive. Why would anyone doubt that they now do the same for Toyota. Stopped watching years ago.

4 Cycle Regular User
    WOW and for someone to think that Toyota got in to the world of NASCAR to run 15th is living in a dream world they got in to win period regardless of the cost the good old boy club got shaken up just think about how many dump truck loads of money ford spent to get Stewart-Haas to run a ford and Kevin H in a Ford now that’s money talking .... just wait till Nisan decides to get in think about how Toyota did it few truck races and just blow the doors off the big 3 and they even took HP away when they started out they TOYOTA did there Home work... remember back in 85 when ford had the t- bird and awesome bill blew the doors off GM they let them GM modify there cars with that back window that layed down Hendrick will cry enough and they will change something to slow those camary’s down just wait

Quote Originally Posted by manyfunnies View Post
    get off your crazy horse bud.
    What did I say that wasn't 100% true? I attend enough races to see for myself how much fun there is to be had regardless of what manufacturer supplies the pace car or the driver intro trucks. Like I said, people keep giving examples as to why they quit watching. If they know that many specifics as to what happened at the last race, they must be watching. I don't care if the stands 1/2 full or 1/4 full, I have a good time. That is all that matters.

4 Cycle Advanced User JLSRacing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waj-28 View Post
    WOW and for someone to think that Toyota got in to the world of NASCAR to run 15th is living in a dream world they got in to win period regardless of the cost the good old boy club got shaken up just think about how many dump truck loads of money ford spent to get Stewart-Haas to run a ford and Kevin H in a Ford now that’s money talking .... just wait till Nisan decides to get in think about how Toyota did it few truck races and just blow the doors off the big 3 and they even took HP away when they started out they TOYOTA did there Home work... remember back in 85 when ford had the t- bird and awesome bill blew the doors off GM they let them GM modify there cars with that back window that layed down Hendrick will cry enough and they will change something to slow those camary’s down just wait
    My brother in law was at Talladega when Awesome Bill was caught was small 2 cycle motor in the rear axle housing. NASCAR keep that very quiet. After it was removed, good old Bill didn't win any races after that.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    That's funny . Could be.
    I thought the car was 2" narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by flattop1 View Post
    That's funny . Could be.
    I thought the car was 2" narrow.
    Plenty of examples. The 43 had too many CI and the wrong left side tires one time. Smokey had extra fuel lines that allowed more fuel mileage. Mark Martin with a wrong carb spacer that cost him the championship. On and on and on

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    Plenty of examples. The 43 had too many CI and the wrong left side tires one time. Smokey had extra fuel lines that allowed more fuel mileage. Mark Martin with a wrong carb spacer that cost him the championship. On and on and on
    Mark Martin's spacer was legal!!! but instead of bolting it to the manifold, they welded it. That was deemed to be illegal after the fact. no hp gain.
    Some even used Nitrious . Back in the day it was absolutely the wild wild west. And it was exciting to see what is going to happen next!
    After being caught with too many cu. in. Petty remarked. I wonder how many cu. in. the ones that passed me on the straightaway had.

But I also have quit watching the 200 mph parade. It is boring now. Way too many rules to keep everything controlled. I did not say keep everything even, just controlled.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    NASCAR needs to dismiss the entire tech crew, and let the boys be boys and run however fast they can go around the track.
    THAT would fill the stands!!

Nascar still exists? hmm.......who knew?

4 Cycle Member
    Richard Petty was asked in a prerace interview how many cars were illeagle on race day and his answer was 43.

The 48 has had it's issues. The 11, 2, 22. Plenty of places to point fingers

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Engines View Post
    NASCAR needs to dismiss the entire tech crew, and let the boys be boys and run however fast they can go around the track.
    THAT would fill the stands!!

Best idea ever

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by One Fast Kat View Post
    Best idea ever
    No restrictor plates, no rear spoiler....Narrow tires. Let'em drive.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    By the way, don't tell me Toyota was built in the US................that's BS...
    The Camry are built right here in Kentucky though Lake....get off your Toyota hating bandwagon man, you sound ridiculous with some of the stuff you said in this post....

4 Cycle Advanced User
    So apparently as long as Chevy or ford is dominating its all good ?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Wow top 9 cars in 1st practice at dega are all FORDS......someone must have opened their wallet ....at least that's what some think.... Lol

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnRacing View Post
    Wow top 9 cars in 1st practice at dega are all FORDS......someone must have opened their wallet ....at least that's what some think.... Lol
    Wow practice?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    Wow practice?
    We all know it is common practice to go as slow as possible during practice. Why would anyone want to be fast before qualifying? No reason to see how you car runs in the draft or to see who you draft with best. All a waste of time. Practice? Who needs it.

We all know it is common practice to go as slow as possible during practice. Why would anyone want to be fast before qualifying? No reason to see how you car runs in the draft or to see who you draft with best. All a waste of time. Practice? Who needs it.
    i can't tell if your sarcasm is terrible or you don't understand restrictor plate racing... or both. First practice they all drafted. if a group of fords grouped up and worked together they were going to lay a good lap down. They were all within .062 seconds of each other. they worked together. it has nothing to do with the color of the name plate.

Quote Originally Posted by manyfunnies View Post
    i can't tell if your sarcasm is terrible or you don't understand restrictor plate racing... or both. First practice they all drafted. if a group of fords grouped up and worked together they were going to lay a good lap down. They were all within .062 seconds of each other. they worked together. it has nothing to do with the color of the name plate.
    Sarcasm. Some people dont understand the importance of practice yet THINK they know it all.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Sarcasm. Some people dont understand the importance of practice yet THINK they know it all.
    Your an idiot, practice speeds mean nothing at dega or tona.
    Remember we race in real life, not a wannabe sitting watching

So, I wonder which Toyota will win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    Your an idiot, practice speeds mean nothing at dega or tona.
    Remember we race in real life, not a wannabe sitting watching
    Been angry and bitter long?

Why must resort to name calling?

No conspiracy thoughts from anyone with the 88 on the pole?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    No. They very likely put everything in to it.
    There is no denying the 88 can get it done in a plate race.
    Lot of times he gets no help due too that fact.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Been angry and bitter long?

Why must resort to name calling?
    Because you're an idiot.
    I've forgotten more about racing than you will ever know.
    Hard to learn when your just sitting and watching
    Last edited by XXX#40; 10-15-2017 at 06:21 AM.