Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: Nascar /Toyota

  1. #31
    Grumpy Ol' Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    No conspiracy thoughts from anyone with the 88 on the pole?
    It would be nice if Jr. could bring it home. Of course it's Dega, so it's always going to be a crap shoot.

  2. #32
    4 Cycle Regular User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    90
    Post 28 didn?t want to say it myself I thought I was the only one that has those thoughts my bad sorry guys and gals..........

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    Because you're an idiot.
    I've forgotten more about racing than you will ever know.
    Hard to learn when your just sitting and watching
    There are those that do have done many things and say nothing about their accomplishments.

    Then there are those that have accomplished VERY LITTLE and brag about what they wish they had accomplished. Kinda like you.

  4. #34
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    1,487
    Anybody who didn't think the 88 was going to be on the pole for this race is clearly not paying attention.

    Let's recap to bring those folks up to speed, shall we?

    Jr. wins first race at Daytona after his father's death- this one perhaps gets a pass due to the obvious domination at plate tracks that DEI had during this period.
    Danica Patrick wins the Daytona 500 pole in her first attempt, despite never showing before then nor since any particular driving talent in NASCAR.
    Austin Dillon wins the Daytona 500 pole in his first attempt in the "return of the 3", even though his more experienced teammates didn't have that much speed.

    Daytona and Dega are both owned by ISC and the France family, who also owns NASCAR. The easiest way to manipulate qualifying at superspeedways is through big plates. Plates are issued by NASCAR before qualifying. The prosecution rests, your honor...

  5. #35
    Grumpy Ol' Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,383
    Seems to me that if the cars had to run in stock configuration, the Monte Carlo SS would be the only thing winning anything at all, since it's the only rear wheel drive car with a V8 option.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEHARDHEAD View Post
    Anybody who didn't think the 88 was going to be on the pole for this race is clearly not paying attention.

    Let's recap to bring those folks up to speed, shall we?

    Jr. wins first race at Daytona after his father's death- this one perhaps gets a pass due to the obvious domination at plate tracks that DEI had during this period.
    Danica Patrick wins the Daytona 500 pole in her first attempt, despite never showing before then nor since any particular driving talent in NASCAR.
    Austin Dillon wins the Daytona 500 pole in his first attempt in the "return of the 3", even though his more experienced teammates didn't have that much speed.

    Daytona and Dega are both owned by ISC and the France family, who also owns NASCAR. The easiest way to manipulate qualifying at superspeedways is through big plates. Plates are issued by NASCAR before qualifying. The prosecution rests, your honor...
    So you say everyone should realize that Nascar decides who should win, sit on the pole and overall run well. Does Fastenal, M&M's, Interstate Battery, Geico, Farmers, Lowes and all of the companies that spend MILLIONS sponsoring cars that ARE NOT gonna win seem ok with that plan?

  7. #37
    Grumpy Ol' Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    So you say everyone should realize that Nascar decides who should win, sit on the pole and overall run well. Does Fastenal, M&M's, Interstate Battery, Geico, Farmers, Lowes and all of the companies that spend MILLIONS sponsoring cars that ARE NOT gonna win seem ok with that plan?
    I'm thinking they're saying that you don't know that it's not happening.
    Sure have been an awful lot of coincidences over the years. Just sayin'.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Evans View Post
    I'm thinking they're saying that you don't know that it's not happening.
    Sure have been an awful lot of coincidences over the years. Just sayin'.
    Either way. I enjoy the races. Cant overthink it like some seem to do. Sitting in my seat waiting on the action to begin. Too bad others dont enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    There are those that have done many things and say nothing about their accomplishments.

    Then there are those that have accomplished VERY LITTLE and brag about what they wish they had accomplished. Kinda like you.
    Fixed it under caution.

  10. #40
    Survival mode. What a race. I guess Ford and Miller wrote the biggest check to Nascar this week so their car would win.

  11. #41
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    1,487
    Enjoy your Kool-Aid, and all the empty space around you at the track...

  12. #42
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    So you say everyone should realize that Nascar decides who should win, sit on the pole and overall run well. Does Fastenal, M&M's, Interstate Battery, Geico, Farmers, Lowes and all of the companies that spend MILLIONS sponsoring cars that ARE NOT gonna win seem ok with that plan?
    What you don't realize is that these companies you named don't sponsor cars to win, they do it for the exposure. On-air time, and mentions through all forms of media is the name of the sponsorship game. Very few of these corporations have any contact at all with the sanctioning body.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEHARDHEAD View Post
    Enjoy your Kool-Aid, and all the empty space around you at the track...
    Good crowd today. I don't mind empty seats. More leg room and less traffic. Win win for me.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEHARDHEAD View Post
    What you don't realize is that these companies you named don't sponsor cars to win, they do it for the exposure. On-air time, and mentions through all forms of media is the name of the sponsorship game. Very few of these corporations have any contact at all with the sanctioning body.
    Not hardly. Many of the sponsors are tied into Nascar as well as the teams. Depending on the level of sponsorship, the bigger sponsors are also required to buy commercial time, signage at the tracks, have hospitality areas and suites at the races. Nascar is heavily involved with the major sponsors and in many cases helps secure them.

    You don't think sponsors want a their name on a winning car or at least a car running up front? Why do Cole Witt and Jeffrey Earnhardt have various sponsors while Jr, Logano and Elliott have the same few. If winning doesn't matter why do winning cars have sponsors and cars in the back stay underfunded. The sponsors have performance clauses in their contract. Run good and win, the money flows. Run in the back and the money dries up.

    Here is proof.

    http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/st...ck-motorsports

  15. #45
    GO BLUE!!!! XXX#40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SW Va. Where Tenn,Ky and Va meet
    Posts
    3,071
    Isn't there a nacar fan forum you can go join, because you sure don't contribute anything he re
    Venomjuice.com Tire Prep

  16. #46
    GO BLUE!!!! XXX#40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SW Va. Where Tenn,Ky and Va meet
    Posts
    3,071
    Sponsors pay x amount to be the primary, the story you linked talks about bonus money, the dollar amount to sponsor the car never changes
    Venomjuice.com Tire Prep

  17. #47
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central NC
    Posts
    1,487
    A couple things to consider when talking about sponsors and performance-
    1. Danica
    2. Patrick

  18. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEHARDHEAD View Post
    A couple things to consider when talking about sponsors and performance-
    1. Danica
    2. Patrick
    2 things to consider about Danica. Souvenirs and marketing. You should see the lines at her trailer with people spending $$$.

  19. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    Sponsors pay x amount to be the primary, the story you linked talks about bonus money, the dollar amount to sponsor the car never changes
    Exactly. The fella suggested that sponsors don't sponsor the car to win. That is total hogwash. Anyone that thinks Lowes would stick with the 48 all these years if he finished 35th every week is delusional. Cars are sponsored for exposure and the best way for that is to be a contender.
    Last edited by karter25; 10-16-2017 at 08:24 AM.

  20. #50
    Isn't there a football forum you can join because you don't contribute anything here but yet you keep flapping your gums.

    You might look up the word "off topic" and see what it means. Either way, who forces you to read anything? Shouldn't you be polishing all of your championship trophies you have won. After all, you say you have done more and know more than anyone when it comes to racing, football, economics, politics, etc, etc.

  21. #51
    GO BLUE!!!! XXX#40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SW Va. Where Tenn,Ky and Va meet
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by karter25 View Post
    Isn't there a football forum you can join because you don't contribute anything here but yet you keep flapping your gums.

    You might look up the word "off topic" and see what it means. Either way, who forces you to read anything? Shouldn't you be polishing all of your championship trophies you have won. After all, you say you have done more and know more than anyone when it comes to racing, football, economics, politics, etc, etc.
    I belong to 2 football forums.
    I have been a member here since 1998, where I have helped 1000's of karters, you know since this is a karting site, that has an off topic section, not a nascar site with off topic
    Venomjuice.com Tire Prep

  22. #52
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    281
    There are companies that are hired to watch races and record the amount of time a sponsors logo, name etc, is on the screen. That time is then analyzed to see if the money spent on sponsorship is worth it or not. They also compare the cost to sponsor a car vs the cost to run ads in papers or magazines etc. Companies just don't throw out money without knowing if they are getting a return on their investment.

  23. #53
    4 Cycle Advanced User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    I belong to 2 football forums.
    I have been a member here since 1998, where I have helped 1000's of karters, you know since this is a karting site, that has an off topic section, not a nascar site with off topic
    Anything not go kart related is "off-topic" is it not ?? If you dislike this thread, why do you keep posting in it ??

  24. #54
    GO BLUE!!!! XXX#40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SW Va. Where Tenn,Ky and Va meet
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by kartdude69 View Post
    Anything not go kart related is "off-topic" is it not ?? If you dislike this thread, why do you keep posting in it ??
    I also post way more in other sections, I don't live in the off topic section talking nothing but nascar
    Venomjuice.com Tire Prep

  25. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    I also post way more in other sections, I don't live in the off topic section talking nothing but nascar
    But you sure act like you are the ultimate guide as to what a person should post. I believe there might be an ignore feature. Try using it so you will have more time to polish all of your championship trophies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •