OVKA Swap Meet

Thread: hemi/clone franken engine.

hemi/clone franken engine.

Looking for everyones combo recipes for these engines. What i have right now is a Hemi standard bore block and piston, has a clone standard crank, billet standard length rod, and the billet flywheel in it. has the NR Racing 252 cam(not sure if its the torque or rpm cam) it just says NR252-102 on the gear. has a clone that is ported, has 26 pound springs, stock light weight retainers and the flat tipped rocker arms. Long header with mod muffler, k&n filter. Carb is jetted for gas, and seems rich to me, but i don't know.

i raced this last weekend on our small bull ring track, geared 11/70 and turned 6692 in the feature. started 5th and finished 5th with the alcohol burning f275 cam running guys almost a half lap ahead.

i am going to yank the head and see how far the piston is in the hole and get a longer rod and balance the bottom end, may even surge for a wise piston. i am thinking of running the f275, 308, or maybe even the standard dyne 275 cam, and we are going to dyne it after switching everything over and getting ally carb.

i have a real honda gx200 bare head that i could port and mill and put valves and whatnot in also. and i have a stock clone block also. What would you guys do with what i have? and thanks

Also is the piston and piston ring clearances different between running gas or alcohol? thanks

"Carb is jetted for gas, and seems rich to me, but i don't know." I would first find out about the tune with this setup. If it's running rich, it won't pull well or top out like it should & can foul the plug as well. That's the first thing I would look at.

What color is the plug after a hard pull & shutting it down immediately?

Get the arc longer rod with the taller 570 compression height piston that will get pretty close to 0 in the hole. 275 cam is ok but unless you want to spend alot of time and money on working the head i would use a differnt cam and use ratio rockers with stiffer springs and stainless steel valves then get a bigger carb and switch to methanol. If u do alot of those changes i would recommend using head studs and billet sidecover with good ventilation. I use the 274 cam from nr racing and like the results

noseoil, i have yet to be able to do the hard run and shut it down yet. we didnt get to race tuesday due to being so hot noone wanted to race i guess. And i would say it will be the same this next week. but, i think the carb is probably fine, because it pulled off the corners real good. never felt like it was stumbling or anything. and after talking to a few guys i now know that you would have to just shut it down to get accurate reading on plug. RichM studs for head and sidecover are in the build plans. as far as i know we cant run a billet side cover. has to look stock from outside. lol i am going to twar into it this weekend and see what i have. probably wont do anything with the honda head as i cant afford to have it ported and seats and bigger valves stuck in it yet. head i have now is a clone head and all that is done to it already. but, thought about going back to the clone block and piston. How much bigger in cam should i go? i have the 252 nr racing now. should i go upbto the 275? is 308 too big?

Text me if u want i am not on here much. I am running a close set up to what you r looking for 6362621871

will do