Thread: Air filter

4 Cycle Advanced User

Air filter

The air filter that is washable that you sell, is it also oiled like k&n or do i just oil the foam sock? Thank you. The web site states use it like other filters and oil. When i do oil and put on, engine rpms drop drastically. I use to use k&n. Am i over oiling? This filter has 2 races on it. Has been washed

Augusta, Martinez, Evans, North Augusta or we just call it the CSRA Area (Ga.)
    Lightly spray K&N Oil on it, DON'T SOAK IT, always wash it out with purple power

Just spray the filter only
    Millenium Chassis
    JRPW Racing/Clones
    Track-Tac
    Hendrix Decals
    Don't Tread On Me
    Paid Subscriber To B4C

4 Cycle Advanced User
    thank you very much!

4 Cycle Advanced User Dover Power's Avatar
    Things to know (Additional)
    Be sure to never wash filter with a pressure washer,, just soap and warm water.. AS mentioned,, purple power, simple green and other cleaners like those.. Wring excess water out and let sit and dry.. NEVER use compressed air to clean or dry a filter either..

On oiling,, you are either doing one or both things causing you engine stumbling... Oiling too much as mentioned above and or oiling right before using.. Its best to oil these filters atleast a day before,, using smaller amount and allow it to spread oil across the filter (saturation)..

On the foam precleaners,, clean the same way but I'd just use wd-40 on them,,again light coat, have a few of these in a zip lock bag,,spray them down and keep in bag until you need them. Pull one out and wring out the excess oil as if you were wringing out a wet rag.. Install and race, repeat with a replacement everytime it appears dirty..
    Dover Power
    The Carolina Original Since 1972
    Mon-Thurs 10am-7pm
    704-782-7061
    jdover@vnet.net
    www.doverpower.com
    www.doverpoweronlinestore.com
    FB> Dover Power
    AKRA Steering Board Chairman

4 Cycle Advanced User
    thank you for the info. i had a feeling that this was an operator error! filter sat for 72 hours. started engine with filter off. installed filter and no rpm drop. again thank you all.