Thread: 330lb triton on lowbite

330lb triton on lowbite

My son 130lb runs a 13 triton in a 330lb open smallblock class. Running a 236cc honda.

I'm really wondering or looking for advice as to what leftside and rf camber we should be running at that weight limit.

Right now leftside is 58.5 and kart was loose all through the corner on 4/5 air. I changed it to 5 all the way around and kart was alot better so doesn't that usually mean you have to much left? As far as rf camber I have it at 3.

Cross 60
    Left 58.5
    Nose 46.5
    Lf camber .5
    Rf camber 3
    Lf caster 10 in rear hole
    Rf caster 13 in rear hole
    1.5 rear stagger not sure about front
    Large select seat mounted off motor rail like prc recommends but is 1.5inch higher off axle than recommended for driver comfort.
    130lb driver 5ft tall jr
    Burris 33 tires

Started out at 64 cross but kart was pushing off the turn and really just seemed slow so lowered it to 60

Any suggestions to the numbers posted? Thanks

Typical on low bite you go down in air . And probably need more aggressive prep

4 Cycle Advanced User
    What is your rear wheel spacing RR from inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger, and LR same from inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger ?

Quote Originally Posted by racing promotor View Post
    What is your rear wheel spacing RR from inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger, and LR same from inside edge of wheel to cassette hanger ?
    Rr is 1/8 lr is 3/4

4 Cycle Advanced User
    130 lb driver in a large seat seems the seat would be too big.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrax View Post
    Rr is 1/8 lr is 3/4
    That's good.

How big is the track ? 1 1/2 " rear stagger could be to much if it's not tight turned.

Quote Originally Posted by racing promotor View Post
    That's good.

How big is the track ? 1 1/2 " rear stagger could be to much if it's not tight turned.
    Not sure of actual size but very small stop and go tight turn track. Everyone runs 11 drivers

He needs a medium seat. Lower the RF camber to -2.75 put lead even on each side

Leave 2 washers on bottom of RF and then reset the left to where you've got 64 cross then run 1 3/8 front stagger and get your left front very grippy

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by hotelcalifornia View Post
    Leave 2 washers on bottom of RF and then reset the left to where you've got 64 cross then run 1 3/8 front stagger and get your left front very grippy
    what pills in left rear?what position?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    our triton likes more nose weight,, try 47-47.5 and keep the 65 cross.

Thanks guys for the advice. He wanted pads in the seat so that's why we went with the large.

However the real reason I started this thread was to find out from you guys what did I change by getting rid of 1lb split in air? Kart just doesn't seem to get over on the right side like it should. After putting ls tires same as rs tires it was alot better, so would that mean I have him on to high of leftside?

4 Cycle Regular User
    Could have been that the track changed to better suit your tires. Maybe you had too much air to begin with (high hp and low weight, needs low air). I'd say possibly only 57.5 - 58 left at that weight, but not with the seat sitting that much higher.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrax View Post
    Thanks guys for the advice. He wanted pads in the seat so that's why we went with the large.

However the real reason I started this thread was to find out from you guys what did I change by getting rid of 1lb split in air? Kart just doesn't seem to get over on the right side like it should. After putting ls tires same as rs tires it was alot better, so would that mean I have him on to high of leftside?
    By closing the split you tighten the chassis, and NO that is not an automatic to much left, I agree with Scottie if seat height would be normal I'd say yes you have little to much left but since it's high with the added VCG I'd leave it alone.
    What I've seen with the few Triton I've been around is when you think you've wiped enough BITE in the tires wipe them 2 more times.
    I'd also be looking at Hotels Advise !

Good Luck !!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Run alot less stagger in the rear it worked great for me on mine at about the same weight. I ran as loe as an inch before abd it was very fast against all makes of chassis. Also aggressive prep helped me with bite issues when theres little to no bite to be had if the tires are coming in really late that is. Also stick with 4 and 5 air and try cross adjustments ive went as far as 65 on cross still had plenty of roll speed and handle great in the corner exspecially getting in because i could drive it in way harder without it snapping free. This is based on 1/7th mile and smaller also might i add.