Thread: Predator 212 oval track build help

Predator 212 oval track build help

Ok guys need some help rules are 87 octane untouched airbox and 5/8 I'd exhaust pipe. You are not allowed to modify the factory air box at all. Kart weighs 430lbs with me in it. First motor, mod2 cam billet rod .020 longer. .009 head gasket 22lbs springs 4degree timing key.. I cranked the motor anywheres from 5900 all the way to 6800 still has stock flywheel. Couldn't put power two other guys. Got lied to on a build so I put another together. Predator hemi. Both are hemisphere by the way. 2nd engine cl1 cam with 2degree ex retard 10.8 red strip springs 7 degree timing key .009 headgaskets. Motor wouldn't fall out of a tree turned 6100 and seemed like it lost power at 5900.

Does anyone have any experience on these and could point me in the right direction. The engine with the cl1 cam I removed the cam and swapped in a cl2 standard cam and shaved head .010 but haven't got a chance to run it yet. I went to a few other tracks and their predators are a lot more powerful then my mod 2 motor. I thought about going to an akra carb but don't know how much it will help with factory air box and filter rule. Thanks in advance for the help guys

Try everything you can to make power. The airbox and exhaust are the limiting factors, give them something to limit.

Send me a message, I can get you going in the right direction. We race at one of those tracks like you are talking about, literally with limited modified predators that have stock airbox and small pipe like you have to use, and we are always up front or winning. Being at that weight is going to hurt you alot on the track, especially in a 350 or 365lb class, but there are some things you can do to the engine to make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by W5R View Post
    Send me a message, I can get you going in the right direction. We race at one of those tracks like you are talking about, literally with limited modified predators that have stock airbox and small pipe like you have to use, and we are always up front or winning. Being at that weight is going to hurt you alot on the track, especially in a 350 or 365lb class, but there are some things you can do to the engine to make up for that.

I've tried to msg you wsr said your inbox is fjll

Got it cleaned up, didn't realize it was full my bad

Pm sent

I need some help on that build I bought engine too

Just message me if ya want