Bob's 4 Cycle
List of Advertisers

Thread: Thoughts on 1 heat races instead of 2

4 Cycle Regular User

Thoughts on 1 heat races instead of 2

What's your thoughts on trying this racing format for a race: pill draw for starting position in the heat, one heat then the features. Top 6 in the feature will Redraw for the starting position for the feature. Based on a full field of 14 karts.

We will take 14 karts into the A main features. B mains will be ran for classes over 14 karts. The laps for the heats and Features would be increased.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I like it, we are looking at doing a similar set up for our Friday night karts.. One 10-12 lap heat race for every 6 or 7 karts 30 lap main
    our guys get 2 practice sessions prior to events

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I would rather run 2 heats and a feature. I like track time and most racers that race for fun want track time.
    Now the money racers may prefer just qualifying plus feature. This limits wear and tear on equipment.
    1 heat plus feature can make it difficult if you have a bad draw and have to start in the back of the heat.

Ben Hur has a lot of luck with a one heat format!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    No way I would want a redraw for the feature.
    What benefit would there be for racing well?
    Win your heat and draw third row outside, no thanks.
    Assuming top. Six draw for those spots.
    I'd hate to pull 12.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I pay to race! If late nights are the problem. Fix the problem not the racing.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Agree with your one heat idea. we race at shaffers on Wednesday nights and its one heat and all of eastern pa is one heat. In fact, first time I went out there I asked where the second heat lineups were and they said "why would anyone want to run two heat races". I agree completely. Why? Lets be honest, its different than it was 10 to 15 years ago. There are multiple motors now. Not just one like back then. Back then a bad pill hurt you but nowawadays most classes only have a few karts at the local level. Why are we wasting time duplicating heat result after heat result. For those who want more racing, make the heats 12 and features 20. that's actually more racing than previous 2 heat format. No excuses. Still cuts the night in half. And is easier for scorers cutting your intermission in half figuring lineups. have been a big proponent of this in my area but no one cares to listen. Pay points to heat race to prevent the sand bagging as noted above also.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I totally agree with Brian44m. I race in IL and west IN and they run 2 heats. There have been nights that I was on the grid to start the feature at 230 am. I say one heat and passing points for feature starting position.