Thread: How much cam until an engine blows up ? (.513lift for example)

How much cam until an engine blows up ? (.513lift for example)

If someone installed a .380lift cam with some custom made 1.35 rocker arms equalling .513 lift would that be too much?

With the engine off and spark plug in it sounds like the exhaust is having trouble squeezing out of the port/polished head . Really needs bigger valves and ports to go with them but I would like to see how much bigger the exhaust flames will fire.

What's the worst that would happen if flipped the switch on and started it ? ( with supporting carb and spring mods )

Will ur valve springs handle the lift? Does the piston hit the valves? As long as everything is good to go the only thing left is to do the deed.

What size valves and springs? If the rest of your engine is built to use that much lift, I don't see a problem here. Only way to know is to try it. Double check piston to valve clearance first, usually with that kind of lift, reliefs WILL be needed in the piston. I don't even have that much lift in my Open Animal that I run in RWYB against big blocks, 450's, and MX engines honestly....lift is not everything