Thread: Rtc-11 head

Rtc-11 head

Is it good or bad?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Depends what your trying to do with it. I,haven't ran one yet but did get to check one out the other day. It has the 27/25 valve combo just like the other bigger valve non hemi heads. Like I said depending on what your doing with it but as a stock head it seems good.

It's a yard motor, but we're getting pretty competitive!! Lol. A bunch of stock car drivers went out and got karts to mess with, was "suppose" to be just stock predator. Now it's turned into "run whata brung" lol. So I am putting a billet rod, aluminum flywheel, cam in it and shaved head down .080. hopefully I can run with em. There getting a little carried away. . But what racer doesn't?? Lol

4 Cycle Advanced User
    That's true! It will be a good head then. Get you a air filter adapter and big pipe really make it run! Lol

Does porting on the head do much? Or what is best open cam to run? Maybe different carb? What u suggest?

4 Cycle Regular User
    Try rounding off the short side of both ports and smooth the transition into

4 Cycle Regular User
    Lets try again, try rounding off the sharp edge on the short side of the port. Smooth the transition to the bowl area, try to make a channel on each side of the valve guide. Make sure your gasket, carb adapter and port match well. I use a Honda 390 carb with .042" main jet, .030" pilot and a stock 390 emulsion tube on 93 octane. You will have a hard time cutting this head to get more than 11:1 CR. (I think). You can try an NR 307 cam with 1.2:1 rockers or an NR 274, pick the one best suiting your compression and track size. A BLACK MAMBA MIGHT BE A GOOD CHOICE. tHESE HEADS FLOW WELL.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Good open cam is the Dyno .356 or the Isky .330, both are great cams for high rpm and good torque. Get yourself a tillotson 304wxa carb and a tillotson manifold to bolt it to your predator head and you'll have one wicked engine to play with