Charlotte Expo  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup help

Quote Originally Posted by alvin l nunley View Post
    Maybe if you had actually seen the spreadsheet, you might change your opinion.

I'm becoming suspicious of your sincerity! With that in mind, and remembering what Thumper's mother said, and Bob, I'll say no more. Have a good day.
    Al,

Stop being paranoid. There's nothing to be suspicious about. You say you like to collect data/info. What I suggested is nothing more than a way for you to do that, while being able to see how your front and rear cross percentages directly relate to the percentages that are focused on regularly. Nothing more, nothing less.

You repeatedly bring up the vast differences you see from one set-up to another. By now you should have noticed how these differences relate to the age of the chassis, the class and/or weight and even track conditions.

I'm growing suspicious why a smart fella, such as yourself, hasn't put 2 and 2 together yet and recognized the relationship between the percentages, as they deviate with certain known factors applied.

Every time I try to read a thread to try and learn something, it gets screwed up by Al and Paulkish, becomes very confusing.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtCommander View Post
    Every time I try to read a thread to try and learn something, it gets screwed up by Al and Paulkish, becomes very confusing.
    I can't speak for Paul, but how have I "screwed up" your learning process. Seems rather harsh! Perhaps the phrase "confused me" would be more appropriate. Perhaps the fact that I often have conflicting views on things, makes it confusing for you. I have a solution, just ignore everything I write. I have no desire, nor intention, to confuse you, or anybody else for that matter, and I apologize if I have.

One solution; put me on your ignore list, others have! If contrary ideas have you "screwed up" perhaps you should avoid them?

There was a time, when I first started karting (1966), when the things different people would tell me seemed to conflict. It was confusing. My solution; if I couldn't resolve the conflict by examination, I would test both ideas at the track. Sometimes one or the other was better, and sometimes neither worked to my satisfaction and I went in my own direction. The fact that I became moderately successful, leads me to believe I, more often than not, did the right thing. Not always, but on the whole?
    From the desk of Al Nunley 512-630-6215
    Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
    If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)