Bob's 4 Cycle
List of Advertisers

Mobile Site

Thread: So who's going to Indy?

4 Cycle Advanced User

So who's going to Indy?

I'm going Sue (my wife ) is racing to. So is Steve B.
    So who else is going?

Bruce J

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Best as I can tell, the majority of the guys that I run at the nearest Club (KRA- Newcastle, IN), will mostly be there. I'd count on at least 20 entries from there just from the talk I've heard around the pits.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Think they'll be at least half a dozen probably more like a dozen from the southeast. I know MGM will have arrive and drives available.
    Really, I can't believe there's not a bigger buzz about it. This is bucket list kind of stuff.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    If all sides could come together and have a summer kartweek at Indy like Daytona, and run the sprints on the access roads like they are, road race on the big road course, and don't they still have Tony's dirt oval over close to turn 3 still??? That would be a bucket list event!!!!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Heck Lee
    To me Indy IS bigger than Daytona....I mean it's INDY....Ray Harroun, Ralph DePalma, Frank Lockhart, Billy Arnold, Like Meyer Wilbur Shaw, Mauri Rose, Ralph Hepburn, Ted Horn ,Rex Mays , Duke Nalon, Bill Vukovich, Troy Ruttman, ....................I could go on all day....... Haven't been there since 1982. It is more than the Holy Land. It is where
    legends are not only born but have lived and sometimes died within thier hallowed grounds.

Indy is what I dreamed of as a boy. Daytona can be bigger. It can be cooler. It can be more promoted. .........

But, it can't be Indy........

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Could not have said it better myself. Very cool mentioning Frank Lockhart in that bunch of names. I've got some sentimental attachment to that, being in my family. There's a pretty good buzz up here, but we are in Indiana after all, and anyone who was born in Indiana who has strapped into a kart has had dreams of driving around IMS at some point in there lives. I hope this thing is huge, and I hope this is the first of many races there for us.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I read about Lockhart as boy. He was awesome. As close to a racing superhero as you can get.

I'm right there with you. I hope this thing is huge.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    What I meant was being able to run the full road course, not just the access roads... Indy is a magestic place, no doubt. I was merely throwing an idea out. Not disrespecting the place at all, or comparing it to Daytona. Just would like to be able to run the big road course... Lol

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Heck man....I wasn't mad.....

You gonna run Lee. We'll be out there with Paul Rice, Steve Bushell and some MGM guys. Indy may turn into a dry town after they come through.....Only because there won't be any beer left.....

4 Cycle Advanced User
    btjones65, anyone who has that kind of respect and enjoys that kind of knowledge about Indy is alright in my book. Look me up when you get here and I'll buy you a beer.