Thread: Horstman Rod Bearings

4 Cycle Advanced User

Horstman Rod Bearings

Are Horstman rod bearings the same as ARC ?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Yes ,I have used them both.I prefer those two brands over the WMS.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Cool deal thanks

4 Cycle Advanced User
    You may have to narrow the bearings a bit and re-chamfer them, but they will interchange. I used to take them to a belt sander and touch up the sides a bit, then use a Vargus deburring tool (or small razor blade) to cut the chamfer back in the bearing. The rod, if I remember correctly is a bit narrower and will allow the bearing to run up on the radius of the crank rod journal (= not good.)

-----
    Thanks and God bless,
    Brian Carlson
    Carlson Racing Engines
    Vector Cutz
    www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
    28 years of service to the karting industry
    Linden, IN
    765-339-4407
    bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Hortsman bearings being the wider of the two.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    That is correct.