Thread: Predator Build Advice

Predator Build Advice

Whats up 4cycle, just wanted to post up and get some advice on a mild build im gonna start on. me and a buddy bought karts to rip around on some old back roads that see very little traffic and i need some more omph. I currently just have a stage 2 kit from omb warehouse with a billet arc flywheel and AR3910X racing plug. Was hoping to go with the following just wanted to get any advice with pushrods and rockers if needed for my build. any advice will be appreciated, might go with a bigger carb in need as well

-billet rod, not sure on length yet, i have to remove the head this evening to measure how far the rod is in the hole.
    -i want a black mamba cam but they are sold out just about everywhere, so i was gonna settle for the mod 2 and possibly run a 1-3 rocker on the intake and 1-2 on the exhaust.
    -stainless valves w/ 26lb springs and split keepers
    -mill the head .030 to gain some compression and do a port and polish job on the head.

Pm sent

figured id post up some photos of what this motor is going on. its an old carters brothers kart that had seen better days. was owned by some younger kids that beat it up and hack somethings together. thanks to some help from W5R I purchased all the parts for my build, gonna be putting it all back together in the next month. will post some videos of it running when completed.

old *** flat head off a rota-tiller

out tearing up some snowing back roads

decided to change out the rear sprocket for one that was swap able and ran into some issues to i converted the whole cart to 3 bolt hubs, and installed a longer rear axle.

still waiting to have the motor finished so i can install the spring seat.

Very nice , U got a Hemi Predator with 27mm intake valve . Your mods sound very good . Watch out for any "coil Binding" issues with that Hemi head . SI valves makes special stainless with longer valve stems that Really help with this issue .

yeah we will see. before i go any further with the milling of the head and such, im going to place some clay on the piston and check the tolerances before i go to far. hoping this thing hauls ***