Thread: Recon Question..

Recon Question..

Alright, Iím lacking Roll speed/straight away speed in my Recon.. on the starts Iím getting left.. this past weekend I was on the same gear and close to the same (maxxis oink & blues) tires as a friend of mine that ran top 3. But Iím just a lot slower, the motor is fresh rebuilt. The numbers are set to what phantom said. Any ideas on what it could be? If ya need more details I can provide more. You think itís the chassis? Iím running clone 375

Kart setup? Have someone else check your kart with their scales and setup equipment, they can get off and have you chasing your tail.

pm sent Wynn Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhud11 View Post
    Alright, Iím lacking Roll speed/straight away speed in my Recon.. on the starts Iím getting left.. this past weekend I was on the same gear and close to the same (maxxis oink & blues) tires as a friend of mine that ran top 3. But Iím just a lot slower, the motor is fresh rebuilt. The numbers are set to what phantom said. Any ideas on what it could be? If ya need more details I can provide more. You think itís the chassis? Iím running clone 375
    Could be many different things, but the fact your getting left on the starts first I'd confirm it's not a clutch issue, then I would confirm all bearings and rear axle are spinning freely and nothing on bottom of kart is rubbing on the track, then I would confirm gearing especially front driver and make sure the wrong one is not on it, If there all OK much greater chance it's TIRES vs the chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by racing promotor View Post
    Could be many different things, but the fact your getting left on the starts first I'd confirm it's not a clutch issue, then I would confirm all bearings and rear axle are spinning freely and nothing on bottom of kart is rubbing on the track, then I would confirm gearing especially front driver and make sure the wrong one is not on it, If there all OK much greater chance it's TIRES vs the chassis.
    The clutch is brand new built clutch. All the bearings spin freely and the gear was the same as the leaders

The clutch is brand new built clutch. All the bearings spin freely and the gear was the same as the leaders
    Were there any other handling issues once you got going ? or it handled Ok but just slow ? Did you compare your RPM to your buddy ? Did you compare your RPM drop to your buddy ?

How much goat pee are you using?

Were there any other handling issues once you got going ? or it handled Ok but just slow ? Did you compare your RPM to your buddy ? Did you compare your RPM drop to your buddy ?
    Handled fine, just slow. Have not compared rpm

Quote Originally Posted by flattop1 View Post
    How much goat pee are you using?

Wasnít using any

Handled fine, just slow. Have not compared rpm
    How close did you hit your target RPM reading from your tach what were they ?
    Those reading should be on your buddies memory in his tach I'd be curious to know how close they were.

Wasnít using any
    Did you wipe ANY prep ? If so what and how much ?

Did you wipe ANY prep ? If so what and how much ?

I pm you.

Air pressure?

If you're getting left on starts I wouldn't be looking at setup. If your clutch is new, are you sure that it's set up correctly? I would have to think that it's engaging too soon or too late if you are being left on the starts. Or that your clutch or motor must not be very good if you are getting left. Those are my 2 cents. I would be looking at the clutch and playing with when it engages if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by blh0728 View Post
    If you're getting left on starts I wouldn't be looking at setup. If your clutch is new, are you sure that it's set up correctly? I would have to think that it's engaging too soon or too late if you are being left on the starts. Or that your clutch or motor must not be very good if you are getting left. Those are my 2 cents. I would be looking at the clutch and playing with when it engages if I were you
    Iíve thought about that, but Iím fairly confident the clutch is right, itís built by someone very good with clutches.. Iíve had a different motor and clutch on the same kart and got the same results.. just straight out getting left on the starts.. lacking roll speed

Iíve thought about that, but Iím fairly confident the clutch is right, itís built by someone very good with clutches.. Iíve had a different motor and clutch on the same kart and got the same results.. just straight out getting left on the starts.. lacking roll speed
    ARE you giving up a lot of weight your running a 375 lb class what do you hit the scales at ? If indeed the Clutch is right on right gearing, your getting full throttle, Break Rotor is not rubbing, rear axle not shifting side to side causing bind, bottom of Kart not dragging on track,
    Then your issue is TIRES are to far off for conditions, that could go either way WAAAAAAAY To soft and over prepped, OR WAAAAAAAY to hard not enough prep.

Take u buddy's tires put them on yours if he's alot faster than u and then u see u problem is tires...

I just don't understand how you guys are saying that tires are the reason why he is getting left on starts. Are you staying slow throughout the race? If not, I don't think that tires can be the issue. It seems pretty simple to me. There are only a handful of issues that it can be if he is getting left on starts.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but are you sleeping on the starts? Are you building up RPM's before the start so the clutch is ready to engage?

Quote Originally Posted by blh0728 View Post
    I just don't understand how you guys are saying that tires are the reason why he is getting left on starts. Are you staying slow throughout the race? If not, I don't think that tires can be the issue. It seems pretty simple to me. There are only a handful of issues that it can be if he is getting left on starts.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but are you sleeping on the starts? Are you building up RPM's before the start so the clutch is ready to engage?
    Keep in mind were saying Tires IF other factors check out OK , Our first thought's line up with your thought's, BUT ya Tires that are to far off can have a big affect on getting rolling. He did respond to me per PM he's staying slow throughout the race with NO handling issues.
    I'll add to blh0728 sleeping on the starts ?, are you sure your not riding the break ?