Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I do not get this one heat then feature race format.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    2 controlled practices.
    Draw for heat, 1 heat.
    Heat finish determines feature, no inversion.
    If you can't figure it out through 2 practices and a heat, you probably aren't going to, so why penalize the guys who do?
    Not trying to penalize anyone. I want to race not practice. One class practice then two heats and a feature. We ran this format back in the day , 12 years ago, and it worked well and to the best of my recollection we did not have any more classes than we do now. Also about the same amount of karts. 60-100.

Now on the bigger money races I could see a one heat format or maybe even qualify, heat and then a feature but I am talking Saturday night local track " fun " racing.
    Give the racers plenty of seat time and race experience. Give the racer who drew a bad number a chance to make it up.
    This one heat format just seems too watered down for me.

How many classes is that, out of curiosity?

Ran 12-15 classes from 2000- 2006 a night
    Currently running 8-10 classes a night.

I prefer two heats, but can deal with just one. We have a local track that changes week by week, sometimes one, two or just qualify and features. When the do qualify and features only we go somewhere else. Hopefully some of the tracks pay attention to this post.

Simple solution to those that want more track time, run another class. If you run heavy clone, just cough up the extra $15-20 and run light clone. Your major expenses for a race weekend are getting to the track and pit fees. The extra $15/20 is minimal all things considered. But I also know, some people just like to complain and try to get as much bang for their buck as possible-I get it. Just remember, it's the track owners playground and they get to set the rules, which we need to choose to comply with or race elsewhere.

I may be out of the loop a little.
    We haven't ran anywhere since 04. Were you could run a class for twenty dollars.
    Two class definitely give you more track time , especially when running the quaify then race scenario.

me personally I like to run 2 pratice rounds, qual, and then race. I dont like being at the track at 2 am waiting to race. The major problem at some tracks is that they have too many classes. I see no reason to have 20 plus classes. I know that more income for the track, but really, thats why I stopped going to one track because of all the classes and getting off the the track at 2am or later. It gets old quick

Ok for post#35 we need to add a classes. rwyb light, med ,and heavy. Not all of us run clown or flathead. And going on from that add 206 light, med., & heavy. That should add a few hours to the night. Simplify the problem. Less classes, more racing. If your running a track with 100% pay out the track doesnít make any more. They spend more with lights, time,... one class for motor combo. Two heats & a main. This is for weekly races. Big money races run as the promoter sets as a program.

Ive never ran a rwyb class with weights. Thats kinda defeating the purpose. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by mater View Post
    Ive never ran a rwyb class with weights. Thats kinda defeating the purpose. Just sayin.
    I believe that was said tongue in cheek. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RacerTB View Post
    Ok for post#35 we need to add a classes. rwyb light, med ,and heavy. Not all of us run clown or flathead. And going on from that add 206 light, med., & heavy. That should add a few hours to the night. Simplify the problem. Less classes, more racing. If your running a track with 100% pay out the track doesnít make any more. They spend more with lights, time,... one class for motor combo. Two heats & a main. This is for weekly races. Big money races run as the promoter sets as a program.
    "Not all of us run Clown" I love it!
    I'll run one of those piece of crap Clown engines when I buy a clown cart.

Thank you. Thank you. Iíll be here all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Grilleguy View Post
    Simple solution to those that want more track time, run another class. If you run heavy clone, just cough up the extra $15-20 and run light clone. Your major expenses for a race weekend are getting to the track and pit fees. The extra $15/20 is minimal all things considered. But I also know, some people just like to complain and try to get as much bang for their buck as possible-I get it. Just remember, it's the track owners playground and they get to set the rules, which we need to choose to comply with or race elsewhere.
    No thats not a simple solution , IMO. Why should I have to spend another 20 bucks and run another class ?
    How is drawing a pill out of a cup then running one heat race a fair way to determine a line up for the feature ?

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer_3 View Post
    No thats not a simple solution , IMO. Why should I have to spend another 20 bucks and run another class ?
    How is drawing a pill out of a cup then running one heat race a fair way to determine a line up for the feature ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleguy View Post
    Simple solution to those that want more track time, run another class. But I also know, some people just like to complain and try to get as much bang for their buck as possible-I get it.
    No one wants to pay more for less. Even rich people are cheap.
    Running another class that you don't belong in ; Your paying for practice time while others are racing .
    Not really good for either person.
    Airtight Garage Est 1982
    Waller Racing
    Phantom Chassis
    Dover Power
    Paid 4 cycle subscriber