Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I do not get this one heat then feature race format.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX#40 View Post
    2 controlled practices.
    Draw for heat, 1 heat.
    Heat finish determines feature, no inversion.
    If you can't figure it out through 2 practices and a heat, you probably aren't going to, so why penalize the guys who do?
    Not trying to penalize anyone. I want to race not practice. One class practice then two heats and a feature. We ran this format back in the day , 12 years ago, and it worked well and to the best of my recollection we did not have any more classes than we do now. Also about the same amount of karts. 60-100.

Now on the bigger money races I could see a one heat format or maybe even qualify, heat and then a feature but I am talking Saturday night local track " fun " racing.
    Give the racers plenty of seat time and race experience. Give the racer who drew a bad number a chance to make it up.
    This one heat format just seems too watered down for me.

How many classes is that, out of curiosity?

Ran 12-15 classes from 2000- 2006 a night
    Currently running 8-10 classes a night.

I prefer two heats, but can deal with just one. We have a local track that changes week by week, sometimes one, two or just qualify and features. When the do qualify and features only we go somewhere else. Hopefully some of the tracks pay attention to this post.

Simple solution to those that want more track time, run another class. If you run heavy clone, just cough up the extra $15-20 and run light clone. Your major expenses for a race weekend are getting to the track and pit fees. The extra $15/20 is minimal all things considered. But I also know, some people just like to complain and try to get as much bang for their buck as possible-I get it. Just remember, it's the track owners playground and they get to set the rules, which we need to choose to comply with or race elsewhere.

I may be out of the loop a little.
    We haven't ran anywhere since 04. Were you could run a class for twenty dollars.
    Two class definitely give you more track time , especially when running the quaify then race scenario.