Thread: what do these pipes fit T2/F5

what do these pipes fit T2/F5

I have 2 brand new 2 cycle pipes from a long time back. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are for and if they were or are good pipes. One is a T2 and the other is an F5.

looks like I will have to call RLV

According to the RLV info I kept from back then the T2 pipe is primarily for piston port engines. It's in the middle of the range for all the T pipes, the TP having the widest power range and the T4 having the narrower range. Recommended flex length is 9.25 to 9.75. Clutch at 9700-10000. My info on that is dated 1987.
    The F5 is shown as a piston port pipe as well. Wide range according to my info. Flex at 9.25-9.75. Clutch slip 10.3-10.4. I think this was designed for enduro racing according to the RLV info which is dated 1990. Don't stray to far from the recommended flex length on this pipe. I went a bit to far one way or the other (can't remember which) and sucked the bottom end out of two engines
    Last edited by Racer32; 10-10-2018 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Wrong date

I had a T2 on a yamaha dirt racing and loved it. The power seemed to be in the right RPM for me.

RLV stated the T 2 was a very good wide range pipe for yamaha or other piston ports of that size for asphalt sprint. The F5 was mainly for high rpm Oval.