Thread: Triton vs. Triton Jr

Triton vs. Triton Jr

My 7 yr old is in a 2014 Triton. I wanted Jr. But could not find one at the time. So got a full size. He has won 9 straight in it. I'm thinking on trading it for a 2016 Triton Jr. Do you think it will be beneficial and make him any faster? I know they not as stiff. Just looking for input vs the two karts. My son is 7 and weighs 58#. Has to weigh 235# for Rookie Red plate. Thanks

You will still have to find the sweet spot, but yes the Jr will be better for him FYI there both the same size just the tubing size smaller on the Jr built to flex more at smaller weight drivers.

If he won 9 straight races, I would not change anything! Not even my underwear or socks.

I figured if he was that fast with a stiffer kart, he might pick up a lil more in the Jr. I guess I'm too competitive, I want him to have the best to get best results.

Quote Originally Posted by racing promotor View Post
    You will still have to find the sweet spot, but yes the Jr will be better for him FYI there both the same size just the tubing size smaller on the Jr built to flex more at smaller weight drivers.
    Its also a narrower kart by .075" if i remember correctly. Not all parts will interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by One Fast Kat View Post
    If he won 9 straight races, I would not change anything! Not even my underwear or socks.
    truth..