Thread: Hillard Inferno Fury setup

Hillard Inferno Fury setup

Running greenplate small pipe clone with 275 weight. I want full engagement by 3400. Whats the spring combo for this. With black seems to be 2950 and 2 black with 2 white is 2750 on stand with engine Idleing I hold tire and rev?? I want stall from 3200 to 3400. Thanks

Do you have all the weights out and the shoes in trailing configuration?

Sundog mayby its not a flame, Its an inferno fury I just looked on site Im sorry this clutch has 4 Identical shoes and they are the metal ones. They will go in any position. No place for weights. I have 4 thick black springs on it now but it turns tires at 28 to 2900

Hold the brake and see. Were it's at .
    I've seen where they were doubling the springs up. Also if they are older new springs could help.
    Full lock up is not were the clutch starts pulling the tires around.
    Put it up against a solid brick wall and hold throttle down see where it slips at then that's going to be your stall speed.

If it's the Fury and you have new black springs, that's about all you can do unless you want to try grinding weight off the shoes. The best way to check the clutch is drive in a straight line from a standing start and read the tach or review the DA. Revving on a wall can damage many things quickly.

Sundog

If you need more slip then stack springs as Flattop suggests. Usually it's greens that are being stacked. They add maybe 100rpm? I would keep the shoes as heavy as possible but stacking can get yo anywhere you want or need to be.

On a Fury, you don't add weights, and the shoes are only available in one position (ie they don't trail or lead.)

Try two black and two yellow (alternating), I think you'll like the results.

-----
    Thanks and God bless,
    Brian Carlson
    Carlson Racing Engines
    Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
    Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
    29 years of service to the karting industry
    Linden, IN
    765-339-4407
    bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com