+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chase'n Race'n Illustrated Kart Stars of the Heartland Series 2014 Event Schedule

Chase'n Race'n Illustrated Kart Stars of the Heartland Series 2014 Event Schedule

We have finished our schedule and are very excited to get things rolling come April. A huge “thank you” to Rowdy Jordan @ Chase’n Race’n Illustrated, Patti Owens @ Maxxis Tire and Goldspeed USA and especially my wife Joy. Without all of their help none of this would be possible. Also, thank you to all of the racers & team owners who have shared your ideas and thoughts on building a successful series.

The CRI Kart Stars of the Heartland Series will be a best 4 out of 5 series with 2 very diverse style of tracks - high speed drafting to the tight up close short tracks. All race weekends will begin Friday so that we can begin parking. We are hoping to offer a Friday practice session from 2-6, and those details are being worked out with the track operators. Our aim is to start early and finish early. I have read many posts and spoke to even more people about this aspect of karting and it resonates loud and clear - "We are racers, not cattle".

Please make plans and pencil in the dates on your calendar

April 4th-6th Little Sunset Speeday (Greenwood, NE) Spring Fling Spectacular

May 23rd-25th Wakeeney Mini-Speedway (Wakeeney, KS) Memorial Day Shootout

June 20th-22nd Newton Kart Klub (Newton, IA) Mid-Summer Classic

July 25-27th University Plains Speedway (Brookings, SD) Summer Sizzler

August 29th-31st Thunderlake Speedway (Kansas City, KS) Jr. Maxx Daddy & Maxx Daddy
    CRI Kart Stars of the Heartland Super Nationals

We are looking for presenting race sponsors for our first (4) four races, class sponsors. Those packages are available as well as our regular series sponsorships. For more information or to get a copy e-mailed please call Joy @ 816-582-8139 or e-mail us at oneal15j@yahoo.com.

Series class structure will follow on a separate post …

Your 1st and 3rd races are scheduled on top of the Midwest Asphalt Oval Series.

Anyway to change this? I would like to run both series and I know there are others who would too.

Jordan Krug

Would anyone be interested in a champ kart class?

Jordan,
    I am understand the concerns for overlap and with the limited amount of dates available to promote a series while not interferring with other series' has proven to be the biggest challenge for all of us as I have had to adjust my dates several times - ask Rowdy. Unfortunately, I am locked in with the tracks we have scheduled as they all run weekly schedules and it just becomes what it is. I know this isn't the answer anyone wants to hear, just being straight forward & honest.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you run all of our series races this season. Take care.

John O'Neal
    CRI Kart Stars - Promoter

Any word on where that first race is gonna be? Possible ideas?

not at all sure if the folks out there are interested in hosting, but would still like to see a big time kart race at KAM raceway in Hastings Ne. : )

It gives me great pleasure to announce that our April 4-6th season opening CRI Kart Stars of the Heartland Series Spring Fling Spectacular race will be held in beautiful, sunny NEBRASKA. I love it and I personally can't thank Jody Krug, at Little Sunset Speedway in Greenwood, NE, enough for working with us to get this event in the Cornhusker state. From day one, it was a goal to try and have each state represented and I think we did a pretty fair job as we complete our schedule and get things set to kick off for the 2014 racing season.

April 4th-6th Little Sunset Speeday (Greenwood, NE) Spring Fling Spectacular

May 23rd-25th Wakeeney Mini-Speedway (Wakeeney, KS) Memorial Day Shootout

June 20th-22nd Newton Kart Klub (Newton, IA) Mid-Summer Classic

July 25-27th University Plains Speedway (Brookings, SD) Summer Sizzler

August 29th-31st Thunderlake Speedway (Kansas City, KS) Jr. Maxx Daddy & Maxx Daddy
    CRI Kart Stars of the Heartland Super Nationals

Please look at the date for University Plains Speedway, Brookings, SD. Their date had to be pushed back 1 week because of scheduling conflicts and lack of hotel rooms in Brookings. Thank you Doug Norgard for working with us on those dates and a big "thank you" to all of our track operators and their staff. The CRI Kart Stars of the Heartland Series is coming to town ... remember the dates and mark your calendars as we'll see you at the speedway.

Anything on what classes yall will be running?
    JRC Performance
    309 351 0556

Is there really going to be a race at thunder lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Camojeff View Post
    Is there really going to be a race at thunder lake?
    Yes Virginia! There is a Santa Claus!!!

That sounds good, we had this scenario last year and it didn't happen.
    Can I request if we have an "old man" class, we keep the weight 375# or less...maybe combine clone & FH with 25# weight break or something?

Jeff,
    I will look into that. Right now it is a clone only Masters division @ 390#, and I have experience running the two engines together and 25# would be that break. I will discuss and let you know!
    John

thanks to everyone involved for bringing a first class BIG TIME kart touring series back to nebraska. LSS is a great facility, and when the track is prepared properly, it is an extremely fun and challenging track to race on- should allow for the cream to rise to the top! already counting down the days!

spin

I'd set up a FH at 365# just to see how things turned out...but I do know I won't be running a clone @ 390#, pit crew won't stand for that!

Spincycle - We're excited as well. There is no doubt in my mind that LSS will be beautifully prepared and ready for opening day with Jody Krug at the helm coordinating and overseeing the track prep let's just hope that mother nature cooperates and we get it in on the first try. If we're unable to get the first race in on April 5th-6th, we will contiunue to work with Jody and his staff to get the event in to kickoff our series. I am excited to be able to bring this to the Husker state - Uncle Franks, the Krug family and all of the awesome racers who will support the series deserve it - let's spread the word as this will be a great event and great to start the year! Good luck and I look forward to seeing you there! John O'Neal

Quote Originally Posted by spincycle View Post
    thanks to everyone involved for bringing a first class BIG TIME kart touring series back to nebraska. LSS is a great facility, and when the track is prepared properly, it is an extremely fun and challenging track to race on- should allow for the cream to rise to the top! already counting down the days!

spin

the enormous success of the recent nebraska kart shootout is overwhelming proof that the krugs/uncle frank's and their staff will put on a first class show, throw in rowdy and his clan, you john and your group, and all the ingredients are in place for the start of something big that hopefully will become an annual event for many years to come!

spin

Looking forward to the series!!

What are the chances of getting info on classes, schedule as to what motors run what day, and payouts? Many of us are trying to put schedules together for summer racing and these pieces of information would be a great help!
    Brian

2014 Chase’n Race’n Illustrated Kart Stars of the Heartland Series – CLASS STRUCTURE

Tour Classes: Engine: Weight:

Chase’n Race’n Kids: 5-7 years old Flathead - .375 Buller Black Plate 235#
    Clone - .375 Red Plate 235#

Jr. 1 Clone 7-10 years old .425 Green Plate 270#
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Jr. 2 Animal 10-12 years old Black Plate – 3 hole .246 No-Go 290#
    Jr. 2 Clone 10-12 years old Clone - .500 Purple Plate 290#
    Jr. 3 Animal 12-15 years old Gold Plate – 3 hole .309 No-Go 320#
    Jr. 3 Clone 12-15 years old Clone – .550 Blue Plate 320#
    Jr. Sportsman FH 8-12 years old .440 IKF Blue Flat Plate 270#
    Semi-Pro 14 years - above Animal & Clone 350#

Semi-Pro 14 years - above Animal & Clone 375#

** Semi-Pro is new to our region, it is aimed at giving local racers the opportunity to experience a touring race weekend. Adult All-Star drivers are not allowed to compete in this class. Once a Semi-Pro driver moves up into the All-Star class they are there for the balance of the season and will not be allowed to move back down.

Adult 350 14 years - above Animal & Clone 350#
    Adult 375 15 years - above Animal & Clone 375#

Flathead 350 15 years - above Flathead 350#
    Flathead 375 15 years - above Flathead 375#

Super Heavy 15 years – above Clone only (200# driver) 400#
    Masters 35 and over Clone & Flathead - combined clone - 400# ... Flathead - 375#
    All-Star Classes are the only classes competing for Championship points along with Prize Money

Jr. 1 All-Star Clone 7-10 years old 270#
    Jr. Sportsman All-Star Flathead 8-12 years old 270#
    Jr. 2 All-Star Animal & Clone 10-12 years old 290#
    Jr. 3 All-Star Animal & Clone 12-15 years old 320#
    All-Star Animal & Clone 15 years - above 375#

The page doesn't le me index and tab so sorry for the lack of spacing ... all of this will be posted to the website as well. Our webhost has the information and will post soon. For any clarification please call John - 816-582-8133 or our series Tech. Director - Jeff Jones (515) 418-0378

April can't get here fast enough!!! I like the new format that will give the local racers a better chance to race and experience the weekend. It's going to be a real treat to watch the All-Star Classes as I am sure we will see the best of the best in each class bring it each night.

So regular adult clone and adult animal classes don't have any pay back at all?

Not to speak out of turn on this one but I think the all star classes will be the only ones with points and a payout. I would guess the other classes would have some payout.

Am I reading this right, Animal and Clones are running combined in Adult 350/375 and All Star Classes?!?

no they are not running together

Thank you for a little of the information I requested. What days are what motors running? What are payouts? We all understand you are probably working on sponsorship, but you should have a idea as to what you are doing.

I imagine its tough to put out info in early Feb that has not been finalized. I have never seen a promoter put a running order out months in advance with the pro kart tour we were lucky to get that the week before. I am sure we will get the info when they are comfortable putting it out there. I would rather have info that is not likely to change numerous times between now and April.

OK how bout this then are the clones and animals running on the same day or separate days? This changes the way people approach an event. I understand information was tough to get before, but guess what tour is not around anymore. Maybe that's part of the problem. Hate to see another tour go away for the same reasons.

We will be posting a race format shortly. This is just the class structure. Clones race clones (with the exception of the Chase'n Race'n Kids and the Masters class - they are the only two classes with a Clone / FH mix) Animals will run on Saturday, that way teams have time to flush the motors prior to putting them up for the weekend and Clones will race on Sunday. Jr. 1 drivers will race Clones on both days ... We added the Jr. Sprortsman Flathead back into the series becasue of the tremendous class support at each track we will race. All Star classes will be the only classes racing for points to crown a Champion in those respective classes. All Star classes RACE for MONEY each race, not just points.

The only thing I am going to post on payout is that all payouts will be more than fair. As the entries increase so does the PAYBACK with a 3/1 system. # entries = 1 spot paid (21 entries - 7 spot payback). I am more than certain and confident that all of our racers will like the payout
    structure we are working on.

Sponsorship continues to slowly come in. We have Pit Pass & Park Sponsorship packages available, Class Sponsorship and Race Sponsorship packages available as well and we can fax, e-mail or mail any package to you. We will tailor fit any package to your budgetary needs ... this is a series for all of us. I encourage everyone to who is interested to call now ...

John & Joy O'Neal
    Last edited by Johnny Ringo; 02-07-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Thank you !

Is it April yet let's go racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread