+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships UAS

4 Cycle Advanced User

O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships UAS

http://www.onikc.com/
    Seay Hiperformance is again sponsoring the UAS class at the 2013 O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships. This race will especially be exciting this year as it will be Professionally filmed by Velocity (Discovery Channel) and will be aired in 4 segments in February 2014. Velocity is well known for such programs as Overhaulin (my favorite) and many other cool shows.

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Those attending this race that request product contact us and save on shipping. This will be an exciting race!

helmet painter and racer Ted Hamilton's Avatar
    I was passed by a truck in Winston-Salem today that had a SHP white oval on the front plate area....you guys, or no?

This should be very good for UAS. We'll have to see if we can make it. Just looked at class list -- what the heck is "NEF" that allows FH/Animal/Clones ?
    If it's "Not Especially Fast", I may enter and take the win! LOL C'mon Santiago -- we can have a rematch!!

Thanks, Seay Family, for all you do for karting.....

4 Cycle Regular User
    What about gkk? You guys going to this instead I guess?

Ted, I think I am done for the season, unless I can finish my engine for the Turkey Trot. Other than that tomorrow I am supposed to be at Langley but they have announced rain. WeŽll see. Further than that I can just see a needed break. Never say no to any practice day on asphalt though. I got in love with that rotary Ital.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    kart51
    Yes. SHP is attending the O'Rielly Indoor Kart National Championships in Batesville. This is a unique event and offers alot of excitement. We are debuting something new to our racing program for the Batesville and Daytona. Press release coming soon.

4 Cycle Regular User
    Sounds like we won't want to miss it!

You don't happen to know if the 35 chain rule applies to the UAS class do you? I would think that it wouldn't, but don't want to get all the way out there and not be able to run because of the chain.

John

4 Cycle Regular User
    NICE JOB CHRIS SEAY and SEAY HI-PERFORMANCE ! OPEN/UNLIMITED KART RACING IS BETTER BECAUSE OF YOUR EFFORTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS !

4 Cycle Advanced User
    John- The #35 chain does not apply to UAS. The class will support the UAS rules as written. The only exception that I know could be an issue is treads but Iam not sure about that. I have seen treads in years past but typically that would be the tracks call whether or not to allow.

4 Cycle Regular User
    Gotcha Chris, thanks. Hopefully we can make it, 14 hours is a long way though. Can't wait to see what you are debuting!

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeayHiPerformance View Post
    John- The #35 chain does not apply to UAS. The class will support the UAS rules as written. The only exception that I know could be an issue is treads but Iam not sure about that. I have seen treads in years past but typically that would be the tracks call whether or not to allow.
    So the UAS class does not have to run mufflers?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    I have never known the UAS class to have to run mufflers since they began it early 2000 at Tunica. That being said- I also have not run all the Batesville UAS events in the last few years. So unless somethings changed specifically I dont think its mandatory.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    cool thanks

4 Cycle Member
    Good Luck Chris, great to here from ya today, family sez hello ,maybe Robbie will bring you another slot machine home...or maybe even Evan ..... that would be so awesome

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Has anyone heard anything?
    Mike

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Yow broke on start. Think decker was third

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Jonboy or Dad?

4 Cycle Member
    I Listened to the call of the race, they had 43 UAS karts and I think John Langley won the class. Looks like opens may be on an increase, what a fun time in racing.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    imgracer 2 cycle or 4 banger?

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Guys, there are plenty of open karts out there to compete. It's getting them together that's the problem. That is a quality event with history. I saw a list that had 41 racers on it for this class. Many aren't on the UAS national points list. The vast majority of racers just don't want to pay membership when they can't see a return on their investment. That's a philosophical issue that the UAS has had with many racers since the membership dues started. As long as it is in place, that will continue.

Mike

4 Cycle Advanced User
    What was it that SHP was debuting?

4 Cycle Advanced User Taft Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeGrady View Post
    Guys, there are plenty of open karts out there to compete. It's getting them together that's the problem. That is a quality event with history. I saw a list that had 41 racers on it for this class. Many aren't on the UAS national points list. The vast majority of racers just don't want to pay membership when they can't see a return on their investment. That's a philosophical issue that the UAS has had with many racers since the membership dues started. As long as it is in place, that will continue.

Mike

Do you have to be a member of WKA to race for a WKA championship? Just wondering, Maybe WKA should stop forcing racers to be members to grow the WKA, Heck just think if AMA stopped charging to be a member that could really take off and become huge. campaigning already Mike?

4 Cycle Member
    I Know the guy that finished 4th Chance Latiolais and he was on a 4 cycle. The top three were 2 stroker's. He is a very smooth driver would like to see him on a 2 stroke.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Tim,
    Please don't. There's no campaigning. The WKA has the same exact problems. It about killed them. All I was saying is that some people refuse to pay dues so there will always be open drivers that don't participate in official UAS related stuff. Please don't take it as a dig.

I have no problem paying dues as long as I feel it benefits "the whole". I even paid into the number program. My number doesn't mean that much to me....BUT I know that the more money the UAS has, the better it can operate.

I am also an AMA member and I race at some of their events and I also do hare scrambles that aren't their events.

All I was saying was that some people don't buy into memberships because it doesn't serve "their" needs. I will say that my AMA membership provides me a lot of things. My WKA membership provided me insurance and car rental discounts that I used. Many never used the WKA membership for that. So comparing the AMA and the WKA memberships to the UAS membership is not really apples to apples.

We are both vocal people. I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic on this site (since the last collapse). I am trying to keep the politics out of my posts. It helps when you don't have to find the worst in things I say.

Mike

4 Cycle Advanced User Taft Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeGrady View Post
    Tim,
    Please don't. There's no campaigning. The WKA has the same exact problems. It about killed them. All I was saying is that some people refuse to pay dues so there will always be open drivers that don't participate in official UAS related stuff. Please don't take it as a dig.

I have no problem paying dues as long as I feel it benefits "the whole". I even paid into the number program. My number doesn't mean that much to me....BUT I know that the more money the UAS has, the better it can operate.

I am also an AMA member and I race at some of their events and I also do hare scrambles that aren't their events.

All I was saying was that some people don't buy into memberships because it doesn't serve "their" needs. I will say that my AMA membership provides me a lot of things. My WKA membership provided me insurance and car rental discounts that I used. Many never used the WKA membership for that. So comparing the AMA and the WKA memberships to the UAS membership is not really apples to apples.

We are both vocal people. I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic on this site (since the last collapse). It helps when you don't have to find the worst in things I say.
    Mike

Mike, You say "Don't" So what you want is for me to sit back and allow you take as many little dig's as you see fit any where and every where. If you want to be nice and diplomatic don't insert your opinion into non related threads. Start a thread of your own and comment away. I know you can't help your self, But it's not me it's you. Your entire post was a jab at the UAS and it's membership so I didn't pick out a little tiny piece the whole post was the worst thing you said.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Tim,
    Someone mentioned the great numbers and mentioned that maybe this means growth. I don't think it is that at all. We have plenty of racers out there. Getting them together will always be difficult because many want different things....that's all.

It's not a "dig". What am I "digging at"? Do you really want to keep a pointless argument going just because you feel I have something on my mind?

Please stop.....let's stop. No one wins. You don't. I don't. The UAS doesn't. Open kart racing doesn't.
    Mike

4 Cycle Regular User
    Why not make Batesvilles and Thunder a 1/4 point race? Combined they both had almost 60 karts.

There is always going to be sat night uas racers and national points guys. Batesvilles was 65 dollars to enter and Carnesville was 90.00. I don't think anyone was homeless racing either event.

4 Cycle Advanced User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeBlack View Post
    Why not make Batesvilles and Thunder a 1/4 point race? Combined they both had almost 60 karts.

There is always going to be sat night uas racers and national points guys. Batesvilles was 65 dollars to enter and Carnesville was 90.00. I don't think anyone was homeless racing either event.
    Not everybody wants everything to be a UAS point race.... Looks like most of the racers at Batesville are not UAS regulars..

4 Cycle Advanced User
    You have to ask yourself, what does having it a 1/4 points race offer the event. What does the O'Reilly Indoor National Championship get out of it? Does it help them get more karters in the door? It's not just about what the UAS is to the racer. There are other perspectives to consider.

That said, the UAS could learn a few key things from an event like the Batesville show. Ask yourself why Seay went all the way out there when he had Thanksgiving Thunder in his backyard.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread