+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire Roller

Tire Roller

Anyone built their own tire roller ? How ? If you don't mind sharing.

I found Its cheaper to buy rebel fabricators

1" square tube 15.00

1 1/8" round tube 7.50

4 heim ends 10.00

motor 15.00

I've seen an old grill with the rotisserie motor used to turn the rollers.

ok. Thanks guys !

rebel fab unless your a guy that has to build his own. I like to build this kind of things but the rebel fab was worth more then my time is

I built one cheap and quick one day when i was in a hurry to roll some tires for a big race coming up, and to my surprise it worked so well that i kept it. Was planning on buying a rebel fab roller anyways but changed my mind after seeing mine work. I used 2 pieces of 1'x1' plywood, 1 8' piece of 3/4" round aluminum tubing, a $30 rotisserie grill motor, and some skateboard bearings i had from an old skateboard of my lil brothers. I used the plywood to make 2 T shaped stands, one for each end, drilled a 1/2" hole in one of the stands for the rod to fit thru that comes with the rotisserie motor, and mounted the motor on the back side of that hole. I cut the 8' of tubing in half for 2 4' pieces, and used those for the rollers. Then i put 2 5/16 bolts in one of the stands, with the skateboard bearings on the inside side of the stand where the rollers mount, with nylock nuts on each side of the bearing to hold them in place. Also put another 5/16 bolt in the same stand that the motor was mounted to, with the bearing and nylocks on it also, same as i did the other end. For the main drive roller that the motor runs, i took the rod that came with the motor and used a 3/4" rubber bushing that was about 1/4" thick and stuck the rod thru it on one end, applied some super glue to the rubber bushing then stuck it in the roller rubing, with about 6" of the rod left sticking out of one end. I also put another rubber bushing like the first one on the end that the rod was sticking out of and stuck it flush inside the end of the roller, then i could mount the rollers to the stands, sticking the rod thru the hole i drilled and into the motor, then put the other roller on the other side, and push the 2 stands closer together to keep the roller from being able to fall off. After it was all said and done, i had a good tire roller that could roll one full set, or 4 right side tires at once. I can turn the motor off and back on to change the direction it turns the tires, it makes one revolution every 7 minutes, which is perfect for rolling tires. Just make sure you measure the distance between the rollers before you drill the holes to mount them, so you dont end up with the rollers so close together that the tire can fall off, or so far apart that the tire is bottoming out on the ground. I have another one iv made also, the same way as the first one except i put grip tape on the main drive roller. So for $40, i had a tire roller that works consistently and flawlessly. Just be sure to check to make sure its level with a good 4' level no matter what tire roller you use, if its level you'll have far less problems. If its not level, you'll have more prep on one side of the tire than the other, and sometimes the tires will "walk" down the roller and bottom out against the end, which could stop the rollers and ruin a set of tires quick.

If i could post pics on here i wouldnt care a bit to post some pics of the one i made to help you see how to make one. Its really easy and can be done cheap.

The rotisserie motor can be found at Lowe's for $28, make sure to get the one that comes with a rod, which is a square like rod made to be a rotisserie rod, but i used it to put inside the main drive roller and connect the roller to the motor pretty easy. Its the motor that comes in a box which is about 4' long, cant remember the brand of it for the life of me, but the motor has yet to tear up or give me any problems. There was 2 to choose from i believe, the other one was a little more expensive i think.

I have some pics of one that i made for a buddy of mine. This should give you an idea, although its basically just thrown together and could use some improvement.

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...g.html?filters[user]=136454048&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Pics are not working can you try again thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JIM D View Post
    Pics are not working can you try again thanks
    Why in the wide world of sports could YOU possibly need to see pictures of something used in the manifestation of evil you call tire prepping??!

Thank you for the info WEDDLERACING. The pics didn't pull up. 567-356-1379

Quote Originally Posted by cbuch View Post
    Thank you for the info WEDDLERACING. The pics didn't pull up. 567-356-1379
    Not sure why they didnt pull up. If you can go to photobucket, search my username and the tire roller is the last few pics i put on there, should be the first pics you see. i dont have it here with me to send you pics to the phone sorry. But the pics show you exactly what you need and how you need to set it up. It is very easy

Quote Originally Posted by ONEHARDHEAD View Post
    Why in the wide world of sports could YOU possibly need to see pictures of something used in the manifestation of evil you call tire prepping??!
    Lol i was thinking the same thing when i saw that. Someone must be secretly using prep

Try this link, you may or may not need a photobucket account to view them, im not sure.

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/We...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks. Those pics came up.

Anyone know what Rebel fab is charging for a roller?

Or how to even get ahold of them for one? We left FB message the other day we wanted to buy one, but no one answered. Is he on Bob's?

With a prep pan and shipped to my door it cost me 160 ...he doesn't answer fb msg ...I found his number on fb

160 isn't bad. I rolled my first set last night on my homemade ordeal. the tube I used is to small. its more of a tire tumbler than a roller.. but it works. I used 1/2 tube, an 1" sqr tubing. after I put the sides on an the mount for the heat gun. and a space on top for either more tires, or build another an have a rotisery hotbox scalestand, kart buggy /table....

Quote Originally Posted by schoonie View Post
    Or how to even get ahold of them for one? We left FB message the other day we wanted to buy one, but no one answered. Is he on Bob's?
    His user name is zsdad or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmagic View Post
    With a prep pan and shipped to my door it cost me 160 ...he doesn't answer fb msg ...I found his number on fb
    Sent me an email awhile back that they were $120 shipped with out pan. $160 with pan shipped
    Good deal I think

Quote Originally Posted by stickySC View Post
    160 isn't bad. I rolled my first set last night on my homemade ordeal. the tube I used is to small. its more of a tire tumbler than a roller.. but it works. I used 1/2 tube, an 1" sqr tubing. after I put the sides on an the mount for the heat gun. and a space on top for either more tires, or build another an have a rotisery hotbox scalestand, kart buggy /table....
    We made a homemade one a couple of years ago, and this year added 4 small flood lights with 500w halogen bulbs to heat them with while rolling, the 500w bulbs were a little to much so I replaced them with 100w bulbs so far it works great. vBut if we need another one we will buy from Rebel Fab.

how far apart are you guys putting the rollers?

Quote Originally Posted by schoonie View Post
    His username is Zsdad or something like that on here

Quote Originally Posted by karter_14 View Post
    how far apart are you guys putting the rollers?
    I think mine were 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle Racing View Post
    His username is Zsdad or something like that on here
    Thank you sirs.

+ WYNN RACING

Thank you

PM me i have pics and info i will send

Thanks for helping guys.Been covered up last few weeks and sometimes things fall thru the cracks. Our economy roller wo/pan is 120 and w/pan 160 and those are shipped prices.Thanks again(I'll try to get on here a little more often).
    Griffin Kinsey Rebel Fabricators 706-618-9801

+ Reply to Thread