+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Allegheny Motor Speedway Karting Schedule !!!!!!!

Well some of us flatty guys are running clone this year also .Lookin forward for the season to begin..Lets go racin boys.

Quote Originally Posted by tc racing View Post
    just to clear up some of this discussion. I like tom and never insulted him or his program. he is one of the best racers in this area. it always makes me laugh when I see people rewriting what you say into something that wasn't said. all I said was that there are some rough races in that class at times. all I originally was trying to do was see if there was any interest in having a pro clone class. if there won't be a class then i'll find a track that will have the pro clone. if some of us that want to have pro rules don't start voicing our opinion and try to lobby for it then it won't happen. and I think tracks should still have bsp. I never said to get rid of that class. I just thought that having a pro class might push some of the better racers into the pro and have bsp for beginners and kids moving up.

4c I do agree too many adult flathead classes with small kart counts. time to consolidate flattys. if a lot of those classes get consolidated then there will prob be only 8 or so total classes for the entire show at 5 karts per race.

once again sorry for creating chaos.
    Lol Don't be sorry as you didn't start any chaos! I didn't take any offense to what ya said at all or what anyone has said and I do see what your saying and where your coming from! I agree 150% about to many classes with only a handful of karts and pretty much everything y'all have posted. Very good points made by many!
    Thanks everyone for sticking by my side and all is good like I said and do understand what was being said.

Also thanks everyone for the kind words but there are a lot folks out there that are far more talented than me. I always stick to the old saying, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again"

On that note is it time to start racing outdoors yet?!?!

If anyone is in need of any bodies, tires, prep, or tire work done don't hesitate to give me a call for this upcoming season. We also are a dealer for Chavous racing products, FFTS preps, WAK'S preps, and a Distributer for Vank wheels.
    Our Vega and Burris programs have been very awarding over the past several years.
    Thanks again,
    Tom Dawson
    Transfer Tornado Cuts
    724-456-3757
    Last edited by turn4racing; 02-19-2014 at 09:35 AM.

matt, are raceivers going to be required?

OK tc tell me about your pro clone class, My ears are open I will always listen to any racers.(not to step into ams thread) But i would see if it would workout.

we already talked a little when we were down to look at your track a couple weeks ago. don't want to talk about this on this thread. I was going to try to catch you down at your place this weekend if you and alton were going to be working. tim send me a pm and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kart91 View Post
    Different rules packages for the same engines are bad for karting. That's the simple truth. I personally think it's crazy that half of our own state runs a small pipe/shoe clutch combo and the other half runs the big pipe/open clutch. I guess maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't see why this side of the state is stuck on running the small pipe/shoe clutch combo. The clutches are junk and the pipe just isn't the best pipe available for the motor. I wish AKRA would get there stuff together and eliminate this rules package going forward. It made sense to keep those limitations on the engine initially because it was deemed a "low entry cost" engine. It's not that anymore. Now it makes the most sense to get everyone on the same rules package so arguments for big vs. small pipe and shoe vs. open clutch don't happen anymore and anyone can show up anywhere they want and know they have the right pipe/clutch combo strapped onto their motor.

With that said, I'm glad that AMS is going to have a kart track this year. Hopefully they do a good job with it and stick to whatever rules they do decide to go with. The minimum kart count of 5 is number one on that list.
    That right there is spot on!

Originally Posted by kart91
    Different rules packages for the same engines are bad for karting. That's the simple truth. I personally think it's crazy that half of our own state runs a small pipe/shoe clutch combo and the other half runs the big pipe/open clutch. I guess maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't see why this side of the state is stuck on running the small pipe/shoe clutch combo. The clutches are junk and the pipe just isn't the best pipe available for the motor. I wish AKRA would get there stuff together and eliminate this rules package going forward. It made sense to keep those limitations on the engine initially because it was deemed a "low entry cost" engine. It's not that anymore. Now it makes the most sense to get everyone on the same rules package so arguments for big vs. small pipe and shoe vs. open clutch don't happen anymore and anyone can show up anywhere they want and know they have the right pipe/clutch combo strapped onto their motor.

With that said, I'm glad that AMS is going to have a kart track this year. Hopefully they do a good job with it and stick to whatever rules they do decide to go with. The minimum kart count of 5 is number one on that list.
    That right there is spot on!

That couldn't be better said, finally someone with some sense!! People want places to run and all they do is ***** and complain. Let this new and great facility open up, get there feet wet and just be happy "we " as a karting community have a place to race.

Hay pm or start a new thread. We are working on raceceivers. I sent him the message.
    What was said is 5 karts make a class. Then you all went off the deep end. Lobby all you want. If there's is 5 there is a class. AMS is big enough we don't want to sit and watch 2 karts go round and round.
    The reason for the BSP class is akra rule, kart count, and most area tracks are sticking to small pipe and shoe clutch. I have seen tracks that had several karts in the BSP class and went to the big pipe and open clutch and it killed the class. I have talked to a few of these guys that quit, they are weekend racers and the speeds picked up so much that they felt it was not safe. With that said. I have talked to Mike and my best call for him is keep it safe as possible for the first year. AMS is a bigger track, and with the bigger pipe speeds will surely increse.

Like I said 5 is a class. We still have over a month to work stuff out.

We are running the AMB mylaps system would be nice if the other tracks would jump in and run the same.

so you want me to strap a 300 dollar computer to my 500 dollar kart in a 5 kart class just so you can score my laps? isnt that why we have a couple people there by the flag man? arent they there to score laps?

i could see if there were 30 karts on the track every heat and feature; yes by all means, ill go get one.
    but the reality is most classes will only have 8-12 karts even when you combine them. the biggest of them being the clone class which only 15-20 of them will start in the feature.

is there a cheaper alternative to this device? because if not, i just might be sitting at home this year. theres no way i could drum up an extra 300 bucks. i can just barely afford to make it to the track every week now and im sure others (like rookies and weekend warriors that want to try an organized race) will not be able to afford this. it might even hurt your kart count if its required.

mabie in a few years if the track is still in operation and has a growing kart count we could look into this. but for now lets just get karts in the pits!

Tracks supply the transponders. I don`t know of any kart track that makes you buy a transponder.

so what are the actual class that you run for karts and ages?

^^^^^ x2 that would be nice to know. weight for each class also

Will there be pay for the Jr drivers?

NOT!!! thats not the way it works we have transponders have you ever run a track its takes a lot of time and people to do this, then if someone makes a mistake(only human to make mistakes) the winers yell and fight. AMB system dont make mistakes so no wining or yelling goes on it is what it is. If you got your own thats fine, if not we have them, The reason for this is I have two tracks put the system across both blacktop and dirt.

who's thread is this?

Here's something to think about. How about the adults get to run 20 laps for the feature? As long as the class runs clean every week. If a class has a bunch of cautions then the following week they only get to run 15 laps?

here's a good one. mufflers on stock flatheads or no?

+ Reply to Thread