+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Predator clarification please...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marion
    Posts
    496

    Predator clarification please...

    Correct me if Im wrong. Ive seen that the new predators with cast valve covers are a flat top piston and 14cc head???

    Are these as easy to build as the clones? Any advantage or disadvantage to these? Whats the most power you can get out of one with race fuel? Roundabout.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by 496 BB View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong. Ive seen that the new predators with cast valve covers are a flat top piston and 14cc head???

    Are these as easy to build as the clones? Any advantage or disadvantage to these? Whats the most power you can get out of one with race fuel? Roundabout.

    Yes, they are flat top piston engines, but the heads are not 14cc, they are 22cc.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Henry Va
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer14sl View Post
    Yes, they are flat top piston engines, but the heads are not 14cc, they are 22cc.
    ^Exactly, well the last one I did was 23cc..LOL

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marion
    Posts
    496
    Will a 14cc clone bolt up?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Henry Va
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by 496 BB View Post
    Will a 14cc clone bolt up?
    Yes, and probably make it lose some power..LOL

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marion
    Posts
    496
    Really? Why? What Im getting at is Im looking to build another motor for next year. As you know its a lowend tq motor and track. We dont turn more than 7000rpm and only that for like 3 seconds literally. Havent decided on M5 or race fuel. If I can get M5 to smell like race fuel Im all in...lol. No rules track except they frown upon alky.

    Thinking 14cc head with bigger valves or 18cc head with bigger valves. Need the compression to be high for the low end.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Henry Va
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by 496 BB View Post
    Really? Why? What Im getting at is Im looking to build another motor for next year. As you know its a lowend tq motor and track. We dont turn more than 7000rpm and only that for like 3 seconds literally. Havent decided on M5 or race fuel. If I can get M5 to smell like race fuel Im all in...lol. No rules track except they frown upon alky.

    Thinking 14cc head with bigger valves or 18cc head with bigger valves. Need the compression to be high for the low end.
    18cc is a good head, 14cc sucks to me. That's just my opinion. The 14cc needs a lot of work to run like I want, and I can get there easier with a 18 or even a 22cc head.
    And big valves make it harder to get the 14cc where I like it. I have an engine with a 14cc, it wound up at 16cc when all the unshrouding was done (still had to mill it though). It runs very well, but not any better (if as good) as the engines that started with a 18 or 22cc head. Like I said, just my opinion.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marion
    Posts
    496
    Yea Ive been wondering this myself. Im thinking I might try an 18cc this next go around. I want to see what the bigger valves will do for lowend tq. Need to wind up faster.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Henry Va
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by 496 BB View Post
    Yea Ive been wondering this myself. Im thinking I might try an 18cc this next go around. I want to see what the bigger valves will do for lowend tq. Need to wind up faster.
    Bigger valves move power band up.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marion
    Posts
    496
    Well scratch that

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts